For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Mountain/Deep Powder Riding at its best

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Currently: behind rifle sights where you can't see me
Location: spokane, well actually the bustling metropolis of otis orchards
Basic Member
spring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond repute
Default msh hood=cool, snow on my clutches=not cool..........help

ok, king cat with a meshy. what is the trick to keeping the pow pow off of the clutches. it is coming right in the back of the hood.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
dice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond reputedice has a reputation beyond repute

Duct tape for the short term, maybe make a tin or plastic shield on your belt guard.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Basic Member
mb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant futuremb1 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring snow hero View Post
ok, king cat with a meshy. what is the trick to keeping the pow pow off of the clutches. it is coming right in the back of the hood.
Did you buy the mesh hood or make it yourself? I'm considering doing the same.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:53 PM
Basic Member
yardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to allyardsale_oem is a name known to all

could you hot glue some prefilter on the left side of your hood???

Old 12-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Basic Member
spring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond reputespring snow hero has a reputation beyond repute

its a famous brand name. it has never given me any trouble in the spring snow or in a few inches of fluff, but the 4ft of bottomless made me run my stock hood for now. the super dry pow pow just migrates in there from the back.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Currently: Another happy Pro rider !!
High Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond reputeHigh Velocity has a reputation beyond repute

spring snow hero, I have a mesh hood for my 900 RMK and also had a problem with power getting in at the left/rear. I made a block-off from fairly light guage aluminum. I riveted it to the aluminum tube that formed the rear edge of the hood and cut it to fit the outline of the console. I then ran some rubber edging on the exposed edge of the aluminum. Here's a few pics. So far, no issues with powder on the clutches when running the mesh hood.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Currently: [Too Long]
Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,316 Posts
m8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond reputem8magicandmystery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Velocity View Post
spring snow hero, I have a mesh hood for my 900 RMK and also had a problem with power getting in at the left/rear. I made a block-off from fairly light guage aluminum. I riveted it to the aluminum tube that formed the rear edge of the hood and cut it to fit the outline of the console. I then ran some rubber edging on the exposed edge of the aluminum. Here's a few pics. So far, no issues with powder on the clutches when running the mesh hood.

good work...!!!..hey i will say it...diamond s ,,,they have a great hood with grade one kid finishing/fit issues..don;t know how they sleep at nights not addressing this simple problem..!!!!
07/m8 141 900 bigbore, Stm valves, Bdx oil delete, adj fuel reg, bumper kit ,Rock rollers, light hub and rotor and post brace, Fastlane no snows and 9 inch 2 wheel kit ,Dayton weights, Shift assist, Timbersled intake, Mtn tamer and Barkbuster with fox evols , Diamond s hood, Boss shorty seat ,Rox risers, Koso egts , a/r , water temp guage .Mod ski's. 911 cover

400 pounds...!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Basic Member

thanks, that is pretty much what I am gonna have to do myself.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:29 AM
Currently: Itchy Thumb!!
RideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond reputeRideGuy has a reputation beyond repute

I got some of those yellow peanut shaped foam pad's for washing the car from Canadian tire..... I close the hood and latch and the foam stays in there just fine and fill's in the gap quite nice..... Quick and easy fix for my Diamond S Mesh for a RMK900