For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2019, 10:37 PM
Currently: CONTEMPLATING: "Laughter is gods hand on a troubled world.".
Thanked 9,562 Times in 4,237 Posts
mountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond reputemountainhorse has a reputation beyond repute
Question NEED INPUT FROM THE RAM-TRUCK PEOPLE.... BEST AUTOMATIC LOW MAINT DIESEL.

I'm a Chevy guy... but trying to help a friend that lives in Hawaii buy a good diesel truck and will ship to her.

Hawaii has a lot of beaters and not much selection.

Looking for input on what year/model/option-spec is the best in a used RAM diesel. (cummins 5.9)

Needs to be an auto trans... so the manuals are out for sure.

From a reliability standpoint... and WHEN the truck needs work... what are the best years and spec? One that most decent mechanics can work on... that will hold up and is not known to be problematic.... and not crazy expensive when service time comes.

I will be doing all required maint before the truck ships as needed... brakes, tires, fluid changes/flushes.

The truck will be kept stock... no add on tuners, no lift kits etc... if there are some add-ons in the aftermarket that are really needed... and reliable, non-hotrod, parts... thats fine.

Lots of trucks out there to choose from, and I'll be doing due-dillegence once the target-year/model is chosen.

MUST be the Cummins/4x4/Auto.... Extended/Crew... Long bed.
And not so rare that I won't be able to find one.

Please help me keep this thread on-point and relevant.

Thank you in advance... much appreciate the input!!

Signature:

WANT TO BUY:
Good to excellent 162 x 15" x 3" Camoplast X3 track.
Please PM me if you have one to sell, with photo, price and location
... must be willing to properly roll/strap... and ship. Thanks in advance.

Rate this post: Yes | No