• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A

Alaskanparret

Nov 25, 2011
The race for the manufacturers is how to give less for more $. Now only 1 rail. The only thing we all want more of is HP. We would all be happy if we rode mythical zero gravity invisible beasts with 300 hp.

Do you have the scoop on something we don’t?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
To say this thread went off the rails wold be an understatement....

Think a full production snowbike is in the cards for 2019?

My guess would be that ones a few years out yet, but I’m pretty confident that a CVT bike is in the works, and Polaris will be the first.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Let me guess....

Orange/black
Red/black
Black/black
Blue/black
Lime/blue
Lime/gray
Retro color model
and one with some pink trim.

That about cover it?

Polaris by far has the best selection of colors. Throw in tunnel, a-arm and rail options and you get to customize. I'm guessing there will also be a new "gaper" color for next year. Seems we are going that direction.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Polaris by far has the best selection of colors. Throw in tunnel, a-arm and rail options and you get to customize. I'm guessing there will also be a new "gaper" color for next year. Seems we are going that direction.

100% agreed. When is comes to the Snowcheck options they are miles in front of the others.

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington
Forgot Orange / Orange with Orange .. in the 850 Assault RMK with a 3.0 and tall bars free PIDD .. Batteryless EStart and with 10 year warranty ..

I added the warranty cuz some people keep them until Cat comes out with a lightweight Sled !

Don’t forget a tunnel bag to store your spare a arms and an underseat bag to carry your trail side spare top end

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
I rode a 2018 ski doo 850 today. Hands down best motor, track and clutching I have ever rode. The skis suck and the thing doesn't handle nearly as good as the old XM did. The Shot starter is sort of handy and the grip heaters were outstanding. Why they didn't put the motor, track, etc. in the XM chassis is weird. The XM worked pretty good. Anyway, I hope Polaris comes out with a winner worth snowchecking this year. 165 horsepower with a track as good as the doo 3" would be nice. The 3.5" pitch track was the best I have ever been on. Too bad the chassis is a POS!

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
polaris is not coming out with an 840

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocks rev

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Flat Tops Colorado
I rode a 2018 ski doo 850 today. Hands down best motor, track and clutching I have ever rode. The skis suck and the thing doesn't handle nearly as good as the old XM did. The Shot starter is sort of handy and the grip heaters were outstanding. Why they didn't put the motor, track, etc. in the XM chassis is weird. The XM worked pretty good. Anyway, I hope Polaris comes out with a winner worth snowchecking this year. 165 horsepower with a track as good as the doo 3" would be nice. The 3.5" pitch track was the best I have ever been on. Too bad the chassis is a POS!
I put over 1000mi. on my 16 163x16 XM T-3 (polaris grippers and an HPS can) and have over 700mi. on my 17 165x3 all stock and I hate riding my 16 now, in my opinion the G-4 is a better sled in every way except the hot clutches. I haven't blew a belt yet either.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia

A G4 handles night and day better then an Xm.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
A G4 handles night and day better then an Xm.

Not to me. Limited time on ski doosbut the XM was way more controllable in off camber and uphill turns. The 850 feels like the old dragon. I tried different foot in the rail positions. Nothing worked. One of my very good rider friends rode it. His conclusion was about the same as mine.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Coming off a snowbike and 3 different Pros (one Axys), I may not have understood how to ride it. I rode two different XM sleds several years ago for one day each. They were just more intuitively easy to ride than the Gen 4 850.

Premium Features