• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
HAHA!! Please don't.

I imagine there's a lot you can't help. My bad for thinking meaningful improvements would have more to do with riding the things, not worrying about that big taxing pull start for which there's already been a solution for. If the day comes when I'm deciding between sleds, that's still going to be pretty far down the list.

But good luck with your vagina in the meantime. I hope that sand comes out.

Please don’t what? Speak truth? LMAO

You’re saying you’d rather pull start a sled all day, which I am currently doing btw, than hit a freakin button all weights being the same? I can’t count how many times I’ve been wrapped up in a tree or a spot where I have to keep my sled on edge in a tricky or awkward situation where I’d much rather reach up and push a button to start my sled than pull it over and risk sending my sled somewhere consequences happen. Try not to be so butthurt and use that little pea brain of yours once.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
But those aren't the two options.

It's turn a key all day long
or
push a button for the remainder of the day after running for a while.

Anyway....thanks for the responses. I don't really get either so was just curious if people thought that was a selling point. Guess I'm in the minority. Even I have situations where the sled's upside down, under a tree, with one ski hanging off a 50 ft cliff and one of my arms can't reach the top of the sled through branches or a salivating bear. I could see it being useful in those situations.

Whoops, sorry. You just made my point for me there and I missed it. I promise to use my little pea brain and read up more.

My vagina is just fine btw thanks for the concern.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Im very curious as to how long this SHOT starter is going to perform as advertised.

When your electric start stops working, you replace the 100$ battery...When your SHOT start stops working...you replace the 670$ "Ultracapacitor Module"

I work in the defense industry and we see a ton of "electrical solutions" similar to this, almost to good to be true, however, they don't last very long, and not long after they are released we are going back to the previous design.

Hey I hope it works and it continues to work, but from experience I look at something like this very suspiciously

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I'm with Kidwoo but back to the thread...the'18 really just catches up with the Axys. It might surpass in power plant but skinny chassis etc been there since '16. They need to do more. My wish list would be more weight off front via hood/intake, belt drive option, improved steering. Doo still steers far lighter. I can't see them doing much this year though.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Cat will probably present a belt drive for 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Whoops, sorry. You just made my point for me there and I missed it. I promise to use my little pea brain and read up more.

My vagina is just fine btw thanks for the concern.

Good to hear! Take care of that thing and it will take care of you. :face-icon-small-hap

I could also see that shot system helping get you out of the woods with some broken ribs. #safetythird

Im very curious as to how long this SHOT starter is going to perform as advertised.

When your electric start stops working, you replace the 100$ battery...When your SHOT start stops working...you replace the 670$ "Ultracapacitor Module"

Yeah when they mentioned the mechanism of the charging system last year I started thinking about methods of potential failure. Having it break is one thing but I wonder what it could take with it.

Personally I think skidoo centering their motor is a much bigger deal to me. I'd love for that to become a design standard. It's funny how much room there is on the right sides of these sleds once you get the oversized cans out of there. Taking off real weight or not, it helps the thing ride lighter....especially sidehilling on the right on harder snow.

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008

I hope they offer belt drive, and lighten up the front end some how? Just think of the mountain cat 30-35lbs lighter?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The monorail is real, what are the advantages there besides weight?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
"Im very curious as to how long this SHOT starter is going to perform as advertised.

I doubt the cap is doo specific and at some point you will be able to find a source for them. yes they do crap out just like anything. but you have them in every house hold appliance from you AC unit to your furnace. Not very expensive if you know where to get them. I would expect to see more of the relays fail than the cap.

R
Feb 26, 2008
Its not like SHOT is new technology or patentable. Itll be just like when BRP "invented" electronic reverse

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Won't ever own another sled again without estart unless it has shot. Would take shot over the estart option. As far as I'm concerned it shouldn't be a option but standard equipment. Let the hardcore purists order non shot/estart as a option. More weight loss for 19 would be nice. Some snow would also be a nice option, so far this season has SUCKED!!!

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Its not like SHOT is new technology or patentable. Itll be just like when BRP "invented" electronic reverse
I agree.
last year there was a guy on here testing caps in place of batteries, looked like he was onto something like shot start, then doo released shot and not sure what happened to home boy's thread, maybe ill look around...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Wasnt it Barcode that was testing it? I'm just wondering if the Cat motor can even start with a shot type system. Can't it only do like a 1/4 turn on the crank?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
2019 wishlist would be belt drive, new running boards, new bar controls, lighter track, lighter hood, and the tank that was suppose to come on the 2018.

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
I think they really need to put a proper set of mountain boards on it. Maybe if you ride in light snow all the time the stock ones will be fine, but in any kind of heavier snow they immediately pack up. So you always have to add the cost of replacing them to any new AC sled.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The very little time I have spent on the newer cats I have thought the boards actually shed snow and work decent for what they are (maybe since there isnt a tunnel cooler?) but they are long overdue for an upgrade.

I forgot to mention that the flap and taillight need to be cleaned up. I would be happy about this taillight and hood if they save some weight ——->
b4ad65e990dd62c06ca95a61681a987d.jpg

Anyone know how much lighter the race hood is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
i agree the stock boards kick of snow just fine. on the pre MC wider boards most are changing for the narrow set up. just wish i could make the stockers more narrow and re attach them.

Premium Features