• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dial-a-Jet / Intel-a-Jet

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Does anyone have expeirence with these products from Thunderproducts? - No relation to my screen name.

With this gizmo, you jet to a very lean condition and it richens the mixture as needed. It's supposedly the end of jetting for different elevations.

I sure would appreciate some comments from anyone who has actual expeirence with the product before I buy it.

Thanks

J
Oct 31, 2009
Red Deer
Dial a jet

I haven't had any experience with that system. But I did have a Holtzman Attac system on my 01 Mountain Cat 800 and it worked very well. Once you get it jetted properly at your lowest riding elevation it compensates for both temperature change and elevation.

T

Thunderhawk

Sep 5, 2009
CT
Thanks for the reply. The Holtzman Attac came on the '08' mountian version of the Snowhawk and is what we are looking to replace.

I've heard that it works OK if there is no more than a 3,000 differrence in elevation, and that it work's as you say, where you jet for your lowest elevation and it leans out the mixture as you ascend.

For this thing you are supposed to jet for your highest elevation and it richens the mixture as you decend. Supposedly this can handle a much wider range of elevation and temperature change.

Again, anybody have any expierence with this item. Maybe someone who is technically knowledgeable could read what the company says about their product and report if the theory of how it operates makes sense to them.

Thanks

Premium Features