• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lets talk turbo lag... or not

hillbilly

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
tulsa, oklahoma
Posted a few days ago about the handling differences between the M8 And M1. With your input and alot of phone calls I've pretty well decided on an 09 M8 162, (want that dirt bike nimbleness). I have not ridden either yet hope to in about a week, going to ride alpine and tony grove. If I go the M8 route it's going to get a pump gasser ovs garret set-up. I know lag is subjective to each rider but I'll try to explain. The trx1 I've been riding needs 20-30ft lead time if I want to launch off a cornice. So the questions are what's the lead time for launches? How is the response at boondocking speeds? Is it smooth? Is it below stock power levels on the bottom(sluggish),the same as stock or more than stock. Sorry for so many questions but inquiring minds need to know. Must have raised my daughter right she said to buy both!

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
Same bottom as stock with obviously much more on top! No problem nosing up to cornices and launching off of them just like you do on a stocker. Have fun!:D

J
Nov 27, 2007
Whats turbo lag? Is that when one's boost is slow to the party? Please clarify cause I don't know what that is.

08 M8 SP 153 w/ a lowly OVS hyper:)

Seriously though... OVS will set that garret up to rip! Great choice!

Premium Features