• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski stance adjustment

C
Feb 8, 2018
Hi I have a 2016 800 SKS 155 and I'm looking for info on how to adjust the ski stance, I think it's on the widest setting right now and I'd like to move it to the narrowest. I've googled and searched all of the forums and read through the owner's manual a bunch of times hoping it was mentioned in there somewhere but I can't seem to find any info.

D
Feb 2, 2017
Afton, Wyoming
If your skis are in the wides position it will have the spacer on the ski bolt one the outside of the spindle. The narrow position will have the spacer on the inside of the spindle Hope this helps

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
SKS only in 2016 is Adjustable .. 2017 and 2018 as well as all Half-Assaults can not be changed they are fixed FWIW..

These are the models that have the Wide Body like a Rush and the Flat Bars that have a Pad in the middle that says PRO-Taper .... All have Torsion Spring suspension also if you can't tell from the other variations.

If you can't tell which one you have just look and see if your Switches are on the Bars or on the console .. Console = Adjustable front end

This was a confusing Model Variance after the new SKS came as a Wide body and was advertised as a Mountain Sled .. very weird like putting a Narrow front on a Trail Sled !!

BlazinBill

Premium Member
Mar 7, 2008
Twin Cities, MN
Not sure if this applies to these RMK spindle configs, but I had a fixed spacer attached to the ski spindle on my 2017 Adventure and the sled was too tippy. I simply cut the spacer off and moved it to the outside of the spindle and it worked perfect to widen the ski stance. So stupid they didn't make this adjustable like on my mtn sleds.

K
Dec 26, 2017
Not sure if this applies to these RMK spindle configs, but I had a fixed spacer attached to the ski spindle on my 2017 Adventure and the sled was too tippy. I simply cut the spacer off and moved it to the outside of the spindle and it worked perfect to widen the ski stance. So stupid they didn't make this adjustable like on my mtn sleds.
I’ve got a 2017 Adventure. My skis are set at the widest setting. How was your deep snow handling when yours were set narrow ?

Premium Features