• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'08 Summit XP Clutch Upgrade

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Detroit Lakes, MN, Island Park, ID
My knuckles are just fine.

We've been busier than hell around here. Great feedback from all users of our Summit kit. Everyone loves it.

I can't comment on how to make the stock driven system work as we have not put the testing into it to give you good feedback. We put our testing into the TEAM secondary.

Now we are working on a flatlander (short track) setup. Found 4 more mph on radar.

Mark

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
How does the TEAM kit compare to Dynamoe Joes kit
anyone see and or use either of these two kits
got a friend who absolutley going crazy and wants to and is going to buy one of them just not sure which one
any help would be appreciated
Thanx
PS does dynamoe Joe use the Team products or Dalton products in his kits

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
I believe joe uses dalton products. Not positive.
I am not going to spend $675 for a clutch kit to get my sled working properly. The dynomo joe kit is only around $260.
Guess wich one I ordered? Can't wait for it to show up.

I believe team is loseing out on alot of money by not offering a kit that works with the stock secondary also. But maybee they are making enough extra money by only offering a set up with their secondary?

Last edited:

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
We've looked at offering a stock driven clutch setup, but the big issue we run into is the fact that you cannot align the stock driven. It is crucial for performance and for belt life to have the drive and driven clutches aligned.

We won't send a clutch kit that has to potential to not work as advertised. That is more important to TEAM than the profit potential.

B

badass1000

Nov 27, 2007
Meridian, ID
We've looked at offering a stock driven clutch setup, but the big issue we run into is the fact that you cannot align the stock driven. It is crucial for performance and for belt life to have the drive and driven clutches aligned.

We won't send a clutch kit that has to potential to not work as advertised. That is more important to TEAM than the profit potential.

I wish doo would have built the sled like this.
Sorry. I just don't have or want to spend the extra coin right now.
I guess thumbs up for offering some thing for those that do. :beer;

P
Dec 27, 2007
Get The Facts Before Casting The Blame

I've Run Team For Years. First To Replace The Awful Polaris Secondary That You Had To Open Up After Every Ride So It Would Shift On The Next Ride. Then On My 07 Xrs With Team's Ramps And Spring Up Front, Now On My Xp. Nothing Will Run With These Setups, Period. If You Want To Run Just Real Good, Tune Up The Stock Stuff, It Will Actually Run Real Good. If You Want To Run The Best It Can Put A Team Setup On And You Will. Quit Cryin About Aftermarket Stuff To Fix Stock. After All Who Isn't Putin' On Cans, And Domes And Gears And Pistons And On It Goes. Remember - It's For Your Sled!

TEAM Industries

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Thanks for the endorsement, Pop.

It's you guys that have run our stuff on the mountains that have been our best (repeat) customers. It is a very tough to get a setup that works well at altitude and we appreciate the feedback we get from you guys.

PS: My clutch guru is at the X games helping out Zach Pattyn. Don't be surprised if he is a spoiler this year.

R
I gotta question this line of reasoning?

Judging from the quality I have received in the past from the TEAM product I would be 100% confident to say the 2007 TRA issues were/are a design issue, not a manufacturing issue.

The manufacturer can only build to the specs that they are provided.

The mfr. has the responsibility to test the product made to the customers specs and evaluate the performance of the product....if it doesn't work they have the obligation to tell the customer that it does not work and not continue chunking out inferior, sub-standard parts. By doing anything less than that, the mfr. only gives themselves a "black eye" by making money off a crappy design and pawning it off to the consumer, who really suffers in the end. The bottom line is if somebody asks me to mass produce a POS product, I will prototype the product made to their specs and tell them it's a POS! Then I will give them suggestions on improving the product before production and if they want to continue mfg. the POS with the same specs, I will withdraw my services, since my reputation is a huge part of a business.

C'mon Reese....quit copping out with the "I did what they told me to do" excuse for TEAM.

As far as a "fix" for the new XP being offered on SnowTalk, what a f'n slap in the face....as bad as the one I experienced all last season with my XRS. I feel for all XP owners right now and have to resist thinking "I told you so"...didn't anybody learn anything from last season (memory on the internet is short, apparently?)

Last edited:
J
Dec 27, 2007
amazing new setup from team, only $650

Teams new setup is 415 ramps, 14.4 pin weight and 160/260 spring in primary and similar to stock helix 44-38, forget the driven spring, but definetly not worth 650 bucks go down to the local doo shop and buy a $20 spring and new ramps for $60 and there ya go. The pin wieght is only slightly more than stock however the ramps are drilled, this may be the reason for the extra weight, team is just trying to sell you a setup that is four pounds heavier and doesn't work as well as the QRS, sorry its just the truth

T

tinman800

Dec 16, 2007
I'm runnining the Team setup and it is 412 ramps 48-44 .33 helix (recommended) and 48-42 .33 second angle with 160-240 secondary spring, 160-230 primary spring (yellow white), and 13 gram pin weight. It runs noticable cooler temps but does not back shift the 163 track I have. They sent me the wrong chain and gear for my sled so I wonder if they tested it on the 163 or just the 146 and 154 tracks. This kit is a real value but maybe not tested on the long track, I'd be interested to know if they have changed the setup.

T

tinman800

Dec 16, 2007
Just check Teams website and they do have a new kit for the 163. Thats bulls**t, I called the tec before I ordered to check if kit was for all track lengths and nobody every called me back. Then when I inform them they sent me the wrong chain for 163 they sent me new chain and gear only. If the ramps and helix is different they should switch those parts out to. I'll try to contact tommorrow and see if they will fix it.

F
Nov 30, 2007
Sexsmith, AB
Teams new setup is 415 ramps, 14.4 pin weight and 160/260 spring in primary and similar to stock helix 44-38, forget the driven spring, but definetly not worth 650 bucks go down to the local doo shop and buy a $20 spring and new ramps for $60 and there ya go. The pin wieght is only slightly more than stock however the ramps are drilled, this may be the reason for the extra weight, team is just trying to sell you a setup that is four pounds heavier and doesn't work as well as the QRS, sorry its just the truth

I'm a big Team fan myself, I ran one on my 800 REV and it was awesome... I kinda gotta agree a bit here with jones2, I understand that some people are happy with buy a bunch of parts, but sum of us whould like just a like direction on a good helix starting point we can get ramps and check springs from our local dealer... I wanted to get a good helix to try out when I take my Team and put it on my 600 REV 144. I PM'd this Team rep here and told him I would order a helix the very day he responded to me... WHY I'm I still waiting!!! Does anyone else have any experince with this combo and would like to share this info. Thanks

F
Nov 30, 2007
Sexsmith, AB
I guess selling one guy a $110 dollar helix is just too much of a pain when your doing 4 million in sales with the big boys....

Sorry about the last post... I stand corrected.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
What the Team does that skidoo secondary does not accomplish, Is have the ability to respond & react as fast as the Team. Weather coming out of the hole or upshifting or backshifting the Team performs hands down faster and more consistant in all area's of clutch performance, which equals better rpm and better consistant track speed.......For most riders the stock TRA''s work OK except for the TRA respond very slow when compared against the Team. Once the stock TRA has gotten to hot your consistant trackspeed is all but toast......Since im still waiting for my backordered spline shaft to arrive and my neighbors has already got his saft installed now for 30 day's with a Team. We're all but done with testing the Team at elevation 8000 to 10,000 feet.... If you prefer a very aggresive helix i would try a Team 70-46-42 this helix has 3 cut's the 70 coming out of the hole is a monster that will rip at your arms all day very aggressive imo. The 46-42 profile in the steep and deep imo senses and keeps the track hooked up very very well also..... I also like the 66-44-42 which the 66 although still very agressive out of the hole isn't near as a hammer on the arm sockets as the 70. As for the 44-42 it works very very well also. However for me and my style the 46-42 with the hard shifting 70 coming out of the hole so far has been the ticket against all XP's tested.....Iif could CNC my own "Dream" Team Helix i have a feeling a 66-46-42 profile in the steep and deep of western wyoming would be a real winner.

just a little something about about OEM clutch spring both the primary and secondary spring are "junk cheap coat hanger wire", coiled up to become a spring At about 300 miles and under load the springs because there " junk cheap wire" become to soft imo and effect belt pressure. In fact that spring rate that you thought you had needs to replaced if you like aggresive consistant , fast reacting clutching.

If you have the $$$ and want the ultimate XP mountain setup or flatland setup for that matter, add a set of Heavy Hitter to the primary. The Team and Heavy Hitter setup is the best mod clutch setup i've run to date. It hammer out of the hole, mid range is very agressive while the top end maintains the best consistant track speed on a long pull i've been around so far.

OT

Last edited:

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I installed my team kit on thursday. I rode today for only about 15 miles and I could sure tell a difference in bottom end, mid, and top end. I would do it again in a heart beat.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
ill run my DJ kit against any TEAM....i think the DJ cut is close to the team that OT suggests...

the doo 44/33 helix works much better than the sad 42 straight stocker

and simple cheap setup for the the XP is a 44/33 helix and a prp/pnk TRA spring, toss 19-22 grams at the arms, i ride at 10K

Yes OT the TEAM is more tunable, but not needed IMO

Last edited:
C
Jan 28, 2008
OT I just rode my XP with the new team kit at 8000' in deep powder. I'm having troubles keeping a 39 mph track speed climbing. I'll order the 70-46-42. but what primary spring should I run. only other mods are head and can.

Premium Features