• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mike Metzger gets to ride a T3 174 for the first time

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
is this xm section or t3?

dude coulda rode any of the 16s and been sold:beer;

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
is this xm section or t3?

dude coulda rode any of the 16s and been sold:beer;

Rode the Axys, didn't like it as much. Have not ridden the Cat, but still confident in my purchase. Like I said, doesn't mean ones actually better than the other, different strokes for different folks. For instance, Im 6ft5 220lbs, I wouldn't expect my 5ft5 140lbs buddies to like it as much as maybe an Axys etc.

Last edited:
S
Jan 1, 2009
That could be half my problem I'm 6'4" and 180 soaking wet I bet the extra 40 lbs helps tip that sled over...lol. How do you have the sled set up front to back...I kill it on the left and can hold a sidehill for days and down hill turn arounds but the right side keeps tipping back on me. Any advice would be awesome thanks. Ps I think your videos rock! all you guys that post videos make snowest the most entertaining forum:) can't put it down thanks again keep them coming

MikeMetzger

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2013
Edmonds Wa
I rode 1500psi's setup so he would have to chime in on his setup, however I think sidehilling on the right side in general is more difficult (or at least always has been for me) do to hand position because of the throttle. The only REAL fix in my eyes is practice. I go out everyday with the mind set of returning a better rider than I was when I left. So when Im out Im working on my weaknesses, so just keep practicing and get that muscle memory dialed in. The more you "Doo" it the easier it becomes and the better you get.

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
Sidehilling to the left is similar to riding dirt bikes and turning left. Almost everyone that dirtbikes can turn left better than right and I think it is a combination of the controls and coordination.

Just bought my 174 in February and love the sled. Everything just seems easy on it to me...but I came over from a Yamaha. lol

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Mike is right on about practice, I used to be not as strong on rt side side hilling, down hill u turns, steep descents on rt side and etc. until I made a conscious decision to work my right side every time I ride and it took most of a season to become as comfortable rt side as left. I was on a pro and now AXYS, I found a big key on the rt side for me was
Using my brake and keeping speed down to keep the sled into the hill.
BTW, I love getting on all brands and the 174 t3 that I rode this winter was sweet. The e tec motor rips and the sled felt really nimble for a 174. It did feel and seem fat though, so the gen 4 looks to have slimmed down and solved that fat chick feel....

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I guess you short guys NEED a log.....:face-icon-small-coo-BJ

nice choice BTW...if you need any help dont hesitate to call...kinda my thing:rockon:

Premium Features