• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whose Using A Tek Vest?

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
I don't leave home with out it. Worth its weight in gold if you hit the bars or get bucked off.

X2

Won't ride without it. I also like the way it spreads the weight of the pack across my back.
Plus it's a nice and warm.

M

maddogwfo

Dec 4, 2007
Otis Ochards WA
Worth It

I highly recommend it it has saved me several times from a back and rib injurys from a bad crash, and it is very confortable, warm, and great quality.,Like the rest I will not ride without it MADDOGWFO

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I wear the Klim tekvest. I believe it is a freestyle with more venting. I don't ride without it! Saved me some pain today when i got thrown off and did three somersaults before coming to rest in our gay arse midwestern snow.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
granted i use a fox motocross one i dont ride without em! Saved me from a broken collar bone this summer. (flipped a quad on me upside down) now i gotta order a new one that one is in ten peices.

E

elvis1280

Apr 23, 2009
STEAMBOAT SPGS, CO
spend the money and buy the klim tekvest. Get it one size smaller than you think though. the other good thing is its warm and you can use it as a layer. for two seasons i have worn, coldgear under armor, tek vest, klim valdez parka everyday.

M

mtn mike on boost

Nov 26, 2007
Woodinville,WA
i have been using a chest protector for 10 years now.
last weekend was my first ride with the new FOX TITAN
jacket. it is the best i have ever worn, check it out!
you cant beat the price

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
My only complaint is that it needs some more shoulder padding with my bony shoulders and my pack. It came in handy yesterday when I hit an unseen drift.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have a Klim one as well and don't ride without it but, my son is riding now and I have loaned it to him while he learns. Hopefully, I won't need it while he is wearing my tek vest. Yes, I will get another one sometime.

C
Mar 13, 2008
Los Alamos, NM
Cracked 2 ribs and separated a sternum hitting the handle bars one time. It took 6-9 months before I could sneeze without crying. I wear my tek-vest every time, and know it has saved me more than once from a pain full experience. You'll still get the wind knocked out of you but it distributes the impact over a greater area, plus as others have said its warm.

Premium Features