• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Door Frozen Shut

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
I was up yesterday and the rear door/ramp on my enclosed was frozen shut when we got back. I assume there was some water on the seal and it froze to the trailer body. There was nothing we could do to open it, me pushing/kicking from the inside while someone pulled from the outside, etc. This is the first time this has happened. I was going to put some silicone lube on the seal to hopefully prevent this from happening again, but I was wondering if there was something better.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
happens every once in awhile....GBH usually solves the problem:face-icon-small-coo

I have found that making sure to sweep out the bottom edge real good prevents this from happening in the first place.

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Same thing here we carry a broom and always make sure to sweep both the ramp and hinge area before we shut it. Even if there is some on the ramp as you shut it the snow ice will fall down into the hinge area and freeze. I saw some guys are putting rubber over the hinge area to help keep snow from getting in there. When all else fails I crank the furnace for a bit and the door opens right up.

Premium Features