• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer door location

M
Jun 1, 2008
I didn't get many replies under trailers so I thought I would try this thread here...

I am about to order a 3 place 20 ft cargo mate trailer and want input on where the rv door should go. I was thinking drivers side behind the axles but the dealer wants to put it in front of the axles. Seems like there would be more room to enter / exit if it were in the rear with the single sled rather than in the front next to the side by side sleds. Any input?

H
Jan 9, 2008
Woodland, WA
Mine's on the passenger side with the nose door on the drivers side...I think you're better off having them split that way so there's always an open entrance from the side. The trailer may look funny if you have them put the door that far back but to each their own. There will be more room to enter though...

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
ours is also on the passenger side right behind the nose...i like it there as its next to the helmet racks and all the stuff we put near the front....but thats more of a personal prefference

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I had the door in the V (curb side) opposite the drive off door. Never thought I would like it but it made alot of sense, that's where you put alot of your gear. Didn't like it on the side, seems you have to jump over the sled to put gear in.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
On ours the door is in front of the axles on the curb side. This works nice because when you stop for fuel you can hit the truck and sleds on the same side since we use the RV door as a big fuel door. Depending on how the sleds are loaded it never seams to be in the right place. How insane is the price of a 2nd door? I have seen a few trailers with two doors on one side.

Premium Features