• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers wants to hear from YOU about 2019 New Features

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I think they could put in a sacrificial anode to reduce rust/corrosion. Helps with protective black magnetite layer preservation on steel. Also something for galvanic corrosion.

Boats have zinc pigs to minimize corrosion and the trailer company could bolt one to the frame.

I buy zinc impregnated paint and do the underneath of steel trailers. Keeps the trailer very happy.

I put grease / old oil / WD40 into pipes or pockets where dirt or ice builds up .... Learned from old cars / tractors with oil leaks / grease build up no rust.

Have 12v fans to blow the air around and circulate heat.

Heater timer.

Various plug ins 120V Plug ins and 12v to charge phone / gopro / portable lights /

Have custom vents and put flexible ducts on the end and run to a sled to thaw out / heat up.

Predrilled holes in the frame to run gas lines.

I decent single or dual propane tank holder .... 5 gallons or 7.5 gallons.

Last edited:
M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
I bought a new Mirage 28' bumper-pull Extreme Sport with the Hi-Mark package in 2010. It pulls like a dream even in cross wind blizzards. It's the only trailer that I have used with an on-board fuel tank (which I really like) so I am surprised to hear that the pump is slow compared to others. The poly-bead laminate floor has stood up well over time, but I really like the durable look of the new SnoWest rear ramp door & glides. The single battery has served me well, but I don't put a lot of demand on it, although I do charge it up a couple of times in the off-season. I do like that mine is mounted on the floor & not recessed like the newer models as a couple of times a year I wash my sleds & trailer interior with a water hose; I fear that the recessed battery models would just be a sump for water. I've had 1 problem with the rear door; the drivers side latch bar developed a bow in it allowing a gap & not sealing well resulting in dirt/snow ingestion in the rear of the trailer. Mine is the older style straight vertical bar which Mirage no longer makes so I just shimmed it with heater hose for a tighter seal. Hopefully the new models are well weather sealed. I've had a bit of cosmetic corrosion over the years from road salts but nothing that appears to be structurally threatening; but fortunately Montana is a pretty dry climate. I would like to see the exterior cabinet for the fuel pump/delivery hose better sealed to dust/snow; mine's always a dusty mess, even though I have tried to caulk & seal it. Over the miles/rough roads I've experienced some pieces coming loose; exterior panel screws, fuel tank strap, underneath spare tire, radio antenna, etc. All in all though, it has been a good functional trailer; My mouse-proof mobile garage.

Premium Features