• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer Value - TOO Much??

P

Powderdreams

Dec 9, 2007
I am looking at a 2007 Interstate trailer 29 feet (24' with a 5' nose). Inside height is 6.5', walls and ceiling are insulated with closed cell foam sheeting. It has a propane RV heater with the tank mounted underneath and fill port on the Left side. The roof vents (2) are RV power fan units with Fan-tastic vent covers. There is a roof mounted solar panel with a three (3) station battery trickle charging system. There are shelves on both inside walls at approximately 5' height and a tube style rack that holds four (4) helmets. The floor is solid, no soft spots and very little scaring. The trailer sits most of the time as it is only used 6 to 8 times a year, and has less than 4 thousand miles road use.
Asking price is $6,500. What do you think?

D

DeckTred

Oct 31, 2016
That would be considered a really good deal here. I am in northern Utah. Many folks around here rage about having heavier duty axles for hauling heavier cargo as well. that trailer sounds like it has alot of features and upgrades that you would be paying 12000 and on up new depending who you go with. We work on alot of trailers and feel like interstate makes a good solid trailer compared to some of the rattle boxes on wheels we see very often but wont mention.

Instagram logo.jpg

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Legend Trailmaster is solid for the money (mid-priced), if you buy it right.

Some Tritons, like the Prestige, are decent, but they will almost always be a couple K higher than a similar quality trailer - Triton only sells through distributors to dealers, and not direct to dealers. You do end up paying distributor markup, since the dealer's cost is much higher than a brand that sells direct to dealers.

titaniumbadger

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Pocatello, ID
Thanks for the reply. I don't see those trailers around here. I mostly see Mirage, Mission, Charmac, Wells Cargo and Trails West.

I currently have an Aluma open that had been great, but I haven't seen an Aluma enclosed around here.

I liked a Mission All Sport I looked at yesterday, anyone have experience with Mission?

Premium Features