• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Skinz Products

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
New product from Skinz looking interesting (side panels), also have new running boards out that are raised comes with new brake cover.

skinz.jpg

S
Jan 16, 2008
Lincoln MT
Details on panels? Hoping the QC is much better than their bumpers. As a welder I would never let the bumper that I received even leave the door for powder coating. Let alone go to a customer.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I will probably pass on any more skinz products. I had the forward post last year, it worked well, no problems for the most part. Buddy has one this year, it is a rusty POS after 3 months, it looks like hell. It looks like $1500 dollars for the adjustable boards, that is silly. Neat idea, but stupid price. If you need to spend $1500 to make your sled work better for you, buy a different sled. For that much cash, anyone can install the stock boards wherever they want them.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Had their Airframe running boards - nice stuff. They seem to come up with good ideas, nice guys to visit with at the shows........but production/availability is a complete disaster. Tried to order a Rasmussen bumper 2 seasons ago, total run around for months. Same thing this fall w/ the FLY-Adams bumper.... 2 orders, 2 seasons, 2 cancelled orders.

Would love to try the electronic ARC, but I'm done w/ Skinz till they get their act together. Hopefully they do.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I have been told this by many people and I believe it even says it on skinz website do not order from them. Order from a dealer as they fill dealer orders first. I order skinz products from their dealers and have it in 2 weeks max.

I have heard of skinz products with bad welding and so on, me and a buddy bought bumpers this year and both really happy with them. Gotta give skinz credit for pushing creativity with their aftermarket products.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Yup, tried it both ways, 2 seasons in a row. Both mfg direct and again following year through WPS dealer. Both times I placed a phone inquiry first, didn't simply launch blind web orders. You can either have Skinz lie to you directly or their dealer is caught in the middle defending them. Both will do this over & over for many weeks to months. They do get points for consistency. It is a problem that needs a solution. Till then....good luck.

Note: they did have enough free time to go to Salida and drool all over Burandt's shop.

I have been told this by many people and I believe it even says it on skinz website do not order from them. Order from a dealer as they fill dealer orders first. I order skinz products from their dealers and have it in 2 weeks max.

I have heard of skinz products with bad welding and so on, me and a buddy bought bumpers this year and both really happy with them. Gotta give skinz credit for pushing creativity with their aftermarket products.

Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They fill massive orders to WPS first. Best method is have your local WPS dealer get the parts for you. WPS is exceptional at monitoring stock so your local dealer knows whether it is available or not. And from what I have seen this season they keep the shelves stacked high @ WPS so stock wasn't an issue, although if it is backordered don't hold your breath! lol.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Had their Airframe running boards - nice stuff. They seem to come up with good ideas, nice guys to visit with at the shows........but production/availability is a complete disaster. Tried to order a Rasmussen bumper 2 seasons ago, total run around for months. Same thing this fall w/ the FLY-Adams bumper.... 2 orders, 2 seasons, 2 cancelled orders.

Would love to try the electronic ARC, but I'm done w/ Skinz till they get their act together. Hopefully they do.

I have heard nothing but bad about the (non electronic) ARC. Broken cable, couldn't get a cable, the guy had to order another complete kit to fix the one he had. Then the fact that they use a $200 mountain bike shock and charge what they do for the kit.....

pepperhouse

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2010
I have heard nothing but bad about the (non electronic) ARC. Broken cable, couldn't get a cable, the guy had to order another complete kit to fix the one he had. Then the fact that they use a $200 mountain bike shock and charge what they do for the kit.....

Ordered my arc from amazon of all places. Had it in 5 days.
Adjusted cable once this season.
No other probs really like it so far.

The cable they use is a high end bike cable available at any good bike shop. Then just cut to length with the supplied in arc kit cable sheath cutters.

Did hear of one bracket breaking on a rough trail. But I also hear about the stock ones failing. So Idk. ..

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Probably have to order directly from them for any possibility of getting a special surprise in the box.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features