• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

T1100 Goggle holder / Hood mesh

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
After having more time actually looking at the instument cluster and dash board on the new Cats, it seems to me that you had either order up the goggle holder or come up with some sort of cover for the dash directly below the gauge cluster.

It looks like if you hit one nice drift, that area will be full with 20 pounds of snow.......

After riding the t1100 and seeing the various video clips, there seems to be alot of snow injestion through the hood in powder conditions, creating steam. It looked like every time you stopped the sled, you could see alot of steam coming from the hood area.

In years past, the hood had adjustable open/closed screens from the factory. Yea, I know that adds weight, but sheesh, I will have to spend over $100 to get snow mesh on the hood vents to keep the snow out of it!

I know these are small "beefs" but that does add cost.........

Anyone else notice this?

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
Yeah, my first thought was "wow, that would be a great nesting spot for a critter." My second thought was that I was glad I was getting the goggle holder. My last thought was that the goggle holder must work great with such a focused little heat spot.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
Cat is going to have a cover over that area so you wont have to worry about it and it still will fit the goggle bag. Remember you are looking at very unfinished prototypes.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
What do you mean by adjustable open/close screens from the factory? I've had 99', 02', 04', 06', 10', and have laid eyes on every one inbetween and have never noticed anything like what you are describing. What do you mean?

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
What do you mean by adjustable open/close screens from the factory? I've had 99', 02', 04', 06', 10', and have laid eyes on every one inbetween and have never noticed anything like what you are describing. What do you mean?

Sam:

YOu are talking to a guy who's last sled purchased was a 99' SummitX. Up until and including that year, all the sleds I had purchased came with a louvered hood vent that would easily open and shut to let in more or less air/snow to the engine area......

It seems that all the manufacturers have lost this feature through the years.......

Seems to me that these sleds, no matter the manufacturer should have either the louvered vents or mesh as standard equip in the mountain series sleds from any manufacturer

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
you are buying 14 grand sled and you are worried about a 100 vent kit.....

Ummm, yes I am........ and the goggle holder, and the 38" ski stance, and the vert steering.......

All told, this could add $500-$1,000? to the cost possibly?

This is not insignificant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even for us guys shelling out this kind of dough for a new ride........

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
No windshield wiper either. WTF

I can sure get a lot more stuff on a used Lincoln than on this sled. Auto dimming headlights? Why not?

Owen

T
Mar 14, 2011
Ummm, yes I am........ and the goggle holder, and the 38" ski stance, and the vert steering.......

All told, this could add $500-$1,000? to the cost possibly?

This is not insignificant,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, even for us guys shelling out this kind of dough for a new ride........

whats up with the 38" stance? Is there some sort of kit that im not seeing?

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Sam:

YOu are talking to a guy who's last sled purchased was a 99' SummitX. Up until and including that year, all the sleds I had purchased came with a louvered hood vent that would easily open and shut to let in more or less air/snow to the engine area......

It seems that all the manufacturers have lost this feature through the years.......

Seems to me that these sleds, no matter the manufacturer should have either the louvered vents or mesh as standard equip in the mountain series sleds from any manufacturer

I always took all that stuff off and disposed of it, was glad when they stopped adding crap I didnt need or want:behindsofa:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I like the google holder!

The accessory I am getting for sure.

5639-618-tunnel pack
5639-746-skid plate
5639-767 google bag
5639-754-headlight cover

Also thinking about handlebar bag, hand guards and tether.

Premium Features