• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017/18 Togwotee snow conditions

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I would say no, but it depends on how much snow you have or don't have locally. We haven't had much new snow for a week+ We were supposed to get hit the past few days but it all went by to the north of us.

I’ve got 3 inches in the front yard! A few of us thought of heading out Wednesday to chase the snow, but since there’s absolutely no snow anywhere, might just have to hold off for a few more weeks to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seedie_Man

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2008
Park Rapids, MN
The snow depth is good, but there are more people than I've ever seen in the 20 years of coming out here.
There is no snow forecast over the next several days, and it's already tracked up in places we normally see very few if any tracks.
We have been able to find good snow but we know the area pretty well.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I’ve got 3 inches in the front yard! A few of us thought of heading out Wednesday to chase the snow, but since there’s absolutely no snow anywhere, might just have to hold off for a few more weeks to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you not looked at Cooke City? They have been getting dumped on! snotel site at fisher creek is at 94 inches and snow reports are "armpit deep".

Valley1090

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2016
My group was going to go the snowies but canceled, heading to dubios Friday, hope to get more snow , or stay home 17hr drive

F

flex2win

Oct 11, 2009
Just got back from 4 days of riding. Several days of poor visibility hampered us in the beginning. Snow conditions were best last Thursday, before all the wind came in and set alot of stuff up. Areas that were thigh deep when you jumped off your sled became solid and hard packed after gusts of 25mph all throughout. Sunday was our best day of riding, bluebird, but there is a TON of traffic out there and the last storm only left about 3-4" of new snow.

mendelmiles

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
East central SD
Was up by Togwottee lodge today. Nice 12"fresh right by lodge but not enough to cover tracks and hard snow underneath. We didn't get too far from lodge today so will see what it's like farther out tomorrow. It's also just below freezing so in my opinion too warm.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
12"-18" of fresh on top of a pretty good base if u know where to go great snow. These were taken nowhere near a lodge.

IMG_20180112_111646260.jpg IMG_20180112_111653783.jpg

rmk156

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Edgerton MN
Can I assume that the snow is Awesome! Due to the fact EVERYBODY must be out blasting thru the Deep Pow!!! No time to check out the Forums....

Lets hope so!!!

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Just got back from a 5 day outing. They need snow bad, it’s tracked up. We found snow to play in, but rode 20 miles from Togwotee, then as far into the back country as you can. The hills we were around had a weak layer of snow, and would slide easily so we were limited on what to play on.

nomasittinright

Premium Member
Feb 5, 2009
Aberdeen SD
I lost my klim gear bag between super 8 in Dubois to togwotee lodge between 8-9 on 1-28 hoping someone picked it up and can return it. Had all my gear as well as regular clothing

Premium Features