• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BIG HORNS snow conditions?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Here at SnowShoe things are looking pretty bleak......In fact allthough I hate to say it,,,I believe it is the end of the season here.........We will be closing the end of the week for the season and getting ready for the next year!

C
Nov 29, 2007
Jackson, Mn
update still looking for more info

OK so heres the update so far,
Arrowhead report:
it was warm up untill the last few days creating an icey crust, 8" and falling on top of the crust Sugar smow below the crust. Slopes and climbs are rock hard and icey. reports are from the "west" no reports from north.

High county report:
We here at WHC will do the best that we can. We may have 3-4 inches of new snow but no more than that. The warm temperatures from last week made an icy crust. A couple of guys stopped in yesterday and they did not do any sledding because of the icy crust. I will let you know more at the week progresses.

Sue

If you know anything else let me know looking for one more good trip. I will keep you posted as i know more. Also if you are going to be in the area this weekend contact me if you want to hook up with a small group.
>CW

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
so they didnt get the storm we got? were you out ridding around gillette seen alot of people.

Yep. Sure did. Happyfast79 even had to give a parimedic a ride on his ultra. Got a lot of good drifts out here in Rozet. took a 10 mile trail ride to Happyfasts new house.

I guess we should bring our helmets back from the camper at Bear Lodge.

Picture120.jpg

Picture121.jpg

Picture123.jpg

Picture124.jpg

Picture128.jpg

HOOTS

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
S.W MN
Chad, if I were you i'd look at Snowies or Togwette is getting good dump last few. Check out their cam, Max & John took off yesterday for Tog. & Alpine they should be hitting it just right.

WYrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Gillette, WY
Got the wifes M7 all put back together and took it for a test drive today too. Now all I need is to get the REV fixed and I'm ready to go. I mean sell it to snowcheck an M8. :D

Picture150-1.jpg

R
Jan 19, 2008
Snow was real bad after a few days of 50 degree weather last week. This week, so far, we've had about a foot of snow, but a lot of wind as well. The trails are icy and hard, but that foot of snow landed some place, and in the trees and in bowls it's not bad right now! 50% chance of snow again tonight! We've definitely had better, but our season's not over yet!!!!
Corine.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
went up the lovell side today and there is 2 th 5 " fresh and thats it---sucked--still plenty of snow just very hard base and no fresh---:mad:

R
Jan 19, 2008
Well, it's snowing. Don't know how long this is gonna last, but it's coming down pretty good right now. According to the forecast, we'll be getting snow all week long! Let's hope for a good dump!
Corine.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
We rode 26th-29th found good snow up by freeze out and way down south. I see the snotel says 12"at burgess and a little more on some other ones I would go back if I could damn job.

R
Jan 19, 2008
We have about a foot of fresh - again! The fence is slowly disappearing again! And it's still snowing. Road is closed, so you can't come up today. But you can't leave either if you're already up here, so you might as well enjoy it! And plan a sick day for tomorrow!!!!!
Corine.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Corine keep us posted headed up this weekend and would like alot of snow.:D:beer;

Premium Features