• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Haydays new swap space price - will you still swap

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I always hit 2 meets a year as a vendor and honestly that is not a bad price. It really depends on the events momentum, if it has been growing year to year it prolly wont hurt much, but if it has leveled off and or declined and they are up'ing the fees to recover the shortage it will most definately hurt the event. <------thats to bad if it is. I have not gone so do not know the answer to its momentum.

C
Aug 29, 2009
Haydays Swap Sites and other stuff

I don't understand why they can't set a time, and stick with it, when the gates will open.

We try and then the Sheriff tells us when to open the gates when traffic backs up. Hopefully the reserved spots will change that eventually. And help the poor guy who drives 700 miles to swap and find the lot full. Now he will know he has a spot or not.

And this whole..... new grounds next year... how many years have we been hearing that????

We haven't been the ones starting those rumors. It has taken us a long time to get the approvals needed to have an event on our new land.

14x30 spot? Is that something new?? Do they actually give you a 14 x 30 spot now even if you only need a 14 x 20, in the past they just gave you enough room to walk in between you and the guy next to you. Staked off 14 x 30 spots would be nice, as well as staked off spots for bigger spots too but when you pull a 4 place trailer and pickup in there and have to fight with the worker to get enough room to open the door..... not so fun. I for one would be willing to pay the $120 if I knew I would get in and if I knew I would have a spot big enough to set out 4 sleds and a couple tables of stuff.

The spots are 34' feet long and you will get the space you pay for. If you need more space, buy multiple spots. We had to stick to a standard size to be able to mark and sell the sites properly. There are explanations on our web site about the mix up in space sizes. If this caused any problems for anyone we apologize. Please contact us if you bought extra spaces because of the 30' listing.

One last thing.... I'd like to see what they bring in for cash that weekend, admissions, swappers, vendors, racers, food, beer.... I'll bet it would surprise a lot of people, and a lot of that goes right back into the sport so I hope with the rise in prices and the economy, they can still have a banner year. Does anyone know if they are pro active in fighting for our right to ride? I'm sure they are, but to what extent? They are probably the highest funded club in the nation so I would think their voice would be quite loud.

We have a lot of people speculating on what we bring in for our race. (It's classified :face-icon-small-win) The only problem is that they never think about the costs associated with putting on an event this size. The rental of the land for the few days we use it would pay for my house. Also think about the cost of insuring an event like this, that has so many possibilities for disaster. The average insurance company won't even touch us.

Yes we do try to put as much as we can back into the sport of snowmobiling. We have a trail grant program that helps clubs fund projects that they couldn't ordinarily fund. We helped several clubs keep their groomer during the no snow years when they couldn't get any Grant in Aid money. We also contribute to local charities in the name of snowmobiling.

I'll get down off my soapbox now and thank you all for your support of Haydays. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we enjoy putting it on.

Remember: Don't yell at us, we're only volunteers!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I would like to see them continue to raise the rates for swap sites until Zeek,
Bubba & Billy Ray Joe Bob can no longer afford to clean out their quonset &
bring all their CRAP to try to peddle it.

I know, I know, some of you are there for that elusive bogey wheel for that 1969
Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz.

Well here's an idea that one of you should JUMP at..........
Rent some land in that region, and plan a swap for the same weekend.
Heck, the Sno Barons already draw the crowd in for you!
This way, all of the Fred Sanford wanna bes would rent spots from you at a
much lower rate, cuz we've already established that the Barons are raping
the swappers, and all the people looking to add to their personal junk collection
will be at your swap meet instead of spreading unbathed no deoderant body
odor around the HayDay event!
As a bonus, the HayDay attendee need not trod through 35 acres of Scorpion
leaf springs Boa Ski headlamp bezels!

Everybody freaking wins here!

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Well since you asked.

P9080023Medium.jpg

Looks like "ACE" has a personalized trash barrel...:D

Eventually?

you'll eventually have it fixed
so I went online reserved 4 spots, you took my credit card info but I dont know if i have them until I get there? Why have reservations? Dont reserve more spots then u have that helps the guy driving 700 miles, hey?
I guess I should get going so I can get in line a two weeks early, but I bet theres a hundred or so professional junksellers there already.
No room for any sleds sorry. But plenty of junk.

C
Aug 29, 2009
you'll eventually have it fixed.
Hopefully in my lifetime.
so I went online reserved 4 spots, you took my credit card info but I dont know if i have them until I get there? Why have reservations? Dont reserve more spots then u have that helps the guy driving 700 miles, hey?.
People with reservations are guaranteed a spot. That was one of the reasons we did this, so the people driving 700+ miles would know they had a spot. This year we made sure we reserved less sites than we have so that won't happen.
I guess I should get going so I can get in line a two weeks early, but I bet theres a hundred or so professional junksellers there already.
No room for any sleds sorry. But plenty of junk.
Hopefully we will eliminate some of the true "junk" (Non-motorized)dealers. But there is only one way they will be eliminated and that is if noboby buys their stuff, they won't come back. The fact that they come back year after year must mean they are selling something to make it worthwhile.
Sno-Barons Web Site Admin

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
Please don't take my comments as complaints.... If I thought I could run it better I'd try it myself.....;)

$60 for a 2 day swap (34' space) is a good deal to me, considering the number of people you WILL see and the size of the event. In the past I've been parked on top of the next guy and our mirrors rubbing and paid more than $60.... so if this whole things works out I think it will be an improvement for sure, getting people used to reserving spots will be the next thing.

If you don't want the junk dealers there..... don't buy their stuff, good suggestion.

10 days.........

G

Get Lucky

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
Zimmerman,MN
I would really like to support all the snowesters on here but, I have to side with the snowbarons. I have work haydays for the club and seen and heard all the complants, It's not easy.

As for the cost well I work with the club in Elk River and the cost is larger then you would every think and our event is only one day.

C
Aug 29, 2009
Please don't take my comments as complaints.... If I thought I could run it better I'd try it myself.....;)
Not taken so, we always like to hear all thoughts and ideas. We are always trying to make Haydays better if we can. Always nice to hear a little good though.

$60 for a 2 day swap (34' space) is a good deal to me, considering the number of people you WILL see and the size of the event. In the past I've been parked on top of the next guy and our mirrors rubbing and paid more than $60.... so if this whole things works out I think it will be an improvement for sure, getting people used to reserving spots will be the next thing.
Thanks, We have heard a lot of people saying that. it should also prevent th guy in front/back of you from slowly creeping his sh** into your space.
If you don't want the junk dealers there..... don't buy their stuff, good suggestion
Thanks I hope others see it that way as well, but you know "one mans junk is another mans treasure"
10 days.........
Only 10 days left.... GROAN... Somebody stop the clock!:eek:

Sno-Barons Web Site Admin

Dec 30, 2007
Crescent, Iowa
I just got back from Haydays, and I couldn't believe how many people were there. It has grown by leaps and bounds in the last 15 years. Anyways I was looking for some parts, and decided not to get anything since you couldn't find what you were looking for. I have a suggestion. If the vendors had to fill out a questionnaire to be able to categorize their majority of wares. For example, Catagories: Polaris, Artic Cat, Ski Doo, and Yamaha, Other, Performance Products, then possibly a sub-group new and used. Again I know a lot of junk is brought in, but this might help sort it in the beginning. I think that your good vendors will appreciate it and more people may come, since it is easier to find things. Just my $.02.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
There were a lot less swappers this year, with a couple end rows sitting empty! I know people that called and could not get a spot....whats up with that? I hope they do a little "changing" when they move to their new location. They could cut the amount of walking you need to do in half by using double rows and only allowing the swappers to sit up on their open side or with a double wide space. Now half the rows only had a few thing in them and the rest were the backsides of the trailers. And whats up with the $5.00 lemonades and swappers selling water for $2.50 a bottle?

Premium Features