• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Haydays new swap space price - will you still swap

Borderstaff

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul MN
Haydays new swap space price - will you still swap???

The SnoBarons have posted the newest fees for swapping at Haydays. A 14 foot X 30 foot space is $60. If you're rig is 36 feet you need to buy 2 spaces at a total of $120. So if you have a 20' truck and a 16' overall length 2 place it will cost you $120. Last year this same setup was $40.

I will still attend Haydays but after 15 years of being a swapper I won't pay the extra $80 and will just go as a spectator.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
People complained last year that it was hard to find what you were looking for because the sled parts were buried among piles of cheap watches and hubcaps. Maybe the higher prices are intended to keep people just running a garage sale out and bring in more legit vendors. $60 or $120 doesn't seem like a lot to pay for the exposure that whatever you're selling will get. I just payed $90 to run an add in the local paper for a week, I'll bet more people would see what I was selling in three days at haydays than a week in the paper here. just my .02.

crix

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
SaVaGe, MiNnEsOtA
People complained last year that it was hard to find what you were looking for because the sled parts were buried among piles of cheap watches and hubcaps. Maybe the higher prices are intended to keep people just running a garage sale out and bring in more legit vendors. $60 or $120 doesn't seem like a lot to pay for the exposure that whatever you're selling will get. I just payed $90 to run an add in the local paper for a week, I'll bet more people would see what I was selling in three days at haydays than a week in the paper here. just my .02.

What ever man When I think of haydays I think of a place where I can get a set of rims for my truck, a golf cart, boot leg purses, but I went there in search of a new set of sun glasses AND SCORED HUGE :face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-coo

Seriously though I swear only 2 people looked at my sled there and I think when they walked away they were talkin chit I ended up sellin it here a few weeks later

I will be there again this year but we will load 3 sleds on a 2 place so we dont have to pay for the $120 spots

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I'm thinking if that amount of increase would stop some one from getting a spot they probably did not have much to sell any way.

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
I know why, I have the plans for the new site in North Branch in front of me. it is going to cost them ( I mean us ) a bundle to get this ready for next year.

F

firecatguy

Nov 26, 2007
End of the Road!!
this is just going to send the guy with 2 sleds a cpl coats and few other things packing..like me--thats way too much to loose if you already discount your prices?

my guess is you will see more dealers now as they will just right the money off..

just so you know I went out and measured my 1\2 ton Chevy with a two place floe trailer and it is 18ft on the truck and 16 on trailer so that would be two spots...

and if you think the junk vendors are going to go away??not so...most of them are professional flea market dealers and they WILL PAY like the hub cap guy you think he not going to show?or the tire guy?sunglass dude? yep all still going to be there but as borderstaff said he wont be their so the trend is not looking good..hope they dont ruin a good thing

Last edited:
O
Jan 14, 2008
MN
I think its going to draw away the average guy who is hopeing to get rid of his sled and maybe a helmet.. Why dont the people who own the land just get a bail-out? Hand out a couple thousand to everyone who comes. No one would be worried about the extra $$.

R
Sep 1, 2001
Maple Grove, MN
Hopefully this will keep the guys with a 6 place trailer full of shock springs and blown XLT motors and not to mention his toilet, sink, and cuboards from his house.

It seems a bit steep but a truck and 2 place trailer should fit in the 14x30 spot, you just may have to turn it a bit sideways?

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
After going last year and getting there by 6pm and be told "were full, try again tomorrow" and then set up across the street only to see them "FIND" a bunch more spots and start letting people in again, for a couple hours.... I drive too far to risk not being able to get in. I don't understand why they can't set a time, and stick with it, when the gates will open. And then... to sit outside the grounds and look at all the RV's with nothing for sale, yeah that's nice. "No camping on the grounds".

And this whole..... new grounds next year... how many years have we been hearing that???? For what land is selling for in that area, I can see why prices would need to go up. I hope they do find a new, bigger spot and what they do in return for the sport is awesome, my years of going there have been a blast with some good memories.

14x30 spot? Is that something new?? Do they actually give you a 14 x 30 spot now even if you only need a 14 x 20, in the past they just gave you enough room to walk in between you and the guy next to you. Staked off 14 x 30 spots would be nice, as well as staked off spots for bigger spots too but when you pull a 4 place trailer and pickup in there and have to fight with the worker to get enough room to open the door..... not so fun. I for one would be willing to pay the $120 if I knew I would get in and if I knew I would have a spot big enough to set out 4 sleds and a couple tables of stuff.

I think it's time to just enjoy it instead of trying to work it.....???:beer;:beer;

One last thing.... I'd like to see what they bring in for cash that weekend, admissions, swappers, vendors, racers, food, beer.... I'll bet it would surprise a lot of people, and a lot of that goes right back into the sport so I hope with the rise in prices and the economy, they can still have a banner year. Does anyone know if they are pro active in fighting for our right to ride? I'm sure they are, but to what extent? They are probably the highest funded club in the nation so I would think their voice would be quite loud.

Anyone who hasn't gone and is thinking about it.... definately do it!!! It's an amazing experience, the swap part is just a portion of it, the races, the ATV/Moto X/and Snowmobile exhibitions are awesome along with some great "scenery".;) The hotter the temps, the fewer the clothes....:D

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
ok who is gonna post the pic of the guy that will have to buy 2 spots just to park his azz

This guy will need a spot for his duct tape specials.
DuctTape.jpg

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
I don't have the plans on on a disc. I have an excavating co. so they sent me a copy of the plans to bid off of ( paper form no disc) otherwise I would share. the site is huge with multiple 300 + parking lots. I believe if you drive east on Hwy 95 (North Branch Exit) from interstate 35 their is a sign that shows the property that they have bought.

S
Sep 13, 2008
sucks on the price but we do not have a swap to sell at here anymore so its up to Haydays. Truck and a 4 place is going to be $120 a day???

OUCH:(

Premium Features