• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Alpha won’t start!

T
Apr 11, 2018
Spokane, Wa
New Alpha won’t start!

Any ideas as to why a new sled with 0 miles won’t start? It was starting great when I loaded it into the trailer. Now 2 weeks later and it won’t start. It has plenty of gas, checked the tether, kill switch and key.

I haven’t checked for spark yet because I ran out of time. Does anyone know of any known issues like loose connections or faulty tethers and so on? Can the tether be bypassed or unplugged to test it?

Thanks for the help...

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
My 2019 Mountain Cat wouldn't start because it had a vapor lock on the gas tank the vent line was plugged on it. Had a blockage on the turn at the top of the gas tank next to the fill neck

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Turns out it’s a bad fuel pump, we hope. The dealer contacted Cat today and they mentioned that they have had some bad fuel pumps in the new Alphas. Going in for warranty and hasn’t even hit the snow yet!!
Hook a 9v battery to the pump in reverse. Then hook back up to sled.
People have been doing this with cats pumps for a few yrs now....

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
My 2019 Mountain Cat wouldn't start because it had a vapor lock on the gas tank the vent line was plugged on it. Had a blockage on the turn at the top of the gas tank next to the fill neck

This would be simple enough to test for, just try to start it without the gas cap on.

Premium Features