• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best air intake for kx450f snowbike to stave divorce?

Zad

Premium Member
Jan 8, 2017
I'm prepping my '14 kx450f for snow biking and I've been reading about air intake mods and how the boot length and position of the air intake sensor can affect performance significantly. I'm all for getting my hands dirty but dang, there is a limit on the time I want to spend messing around on this. Who makes the best air intake boot that I can get in the mail and install without neglecting my kid and risk getting served divorce papers?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm prepping my '14 kx450f for snow biking and I've been reading about air intake mods and how the boot length and position of the air intake sensor can affect performance significantly. I'm all for getting my hands dirty but dang, there is a limit on the time I want to spend messing around on this. Who makes the best air intake boot that I can get in the mail and install without neglecting my kid and risk getting served divorce papers?

$40 “timbersled “ pre filter.
Wrap Pre filter around your stock air filter frame. (No foam)

Some foam gasketing to make it seal tight.

Keep the stock airbox.

D
Mar 29, 2010
I run a timbersled pod intake, doubled the filter. Has a port for sensor, no brainer install.
I’m running a tss, so stock airbox is not an option.
Before I had tss, I used the stock airbox, but no matter how well I sealed it up, it would pack with snow. Bit of a pain in the ass, had to clear snow out every two hours or so- even cut out bottom of box, but that didn’t help much. Also had to make sure it was clear of snow when storing in warm shop, or you’ll have water in your intake. As far as loss of power, maybe 1hp or so, but I think it was purely psychological from reading posts on the subject.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
I built my own pod intake for my 12KX, I still have some of it and can get you the part number for the filter I used. Inexpensive and effective... PM me if interested.

Premium Features