• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Issues with 09 Assault check engine light coming on

So I had the update done and put on a jaws can. Now the check engine light comes on sometimes, I'm thinking its because of the can. does anyone else have problems with this on the updated 800's? anyway to fix this besides taking the can off?

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
We have an assault (stock exhaust) doing the same thing and going into anti detonation mode. We are running wires unplugged.

It seems to only be happening below 3000 feet.

I gas the dragon with the same fuel, and haven't had the problem, SLP pipe and clutching on it.

Clutching?

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
I have a jaws can on my 09 assault with 200 miles on the update with no issues yet. i do run premium fuel and run at lower elevations as well. hope you get it sorted out soon.

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Had the clutch upgraded (was doing that anyway), fresh gas?, and it didn't do it this last weekend??? Better snow conditions, rode higher elevation, cluch put the correct load and RPM range on the engine??? Probably just worked through the stale and brake-in oil gas? Keeping the fingers crossed:)

Premium Features