• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what skipped here, and why?

M
Jan 14, 2004
I just rebuilt my KTM this summer, it has about 400 hours on the tranny and my shift drum looked brand new. I'd be looking for what caused that to wear so bad. Do you ride with your foot touching the shifter?

M5

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
I dont know?? I do have big boots, but dont seem to ever accidentally bump the shifter. maybe something bad happened once with me or the previous owner and it snowballed since and just made it worse?

I can tell that the little knob between the first and second groove thats missing half its hump: that ones neutral. and thats the one with the damage. so im really hoping this fixes the problem. only happened once and I really wasnt even running it that hard compared to other abuse shes seen.

but yeah I have no idea what initially caused that to wear. usually false neutrals are in the actual shift drum with the shift forks. not this thing thats attached to my shifter. its hard to even google

Premium Features