• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 XP Crankshaft, Will JB weld work

R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB
What do you think, will JB weld help?
This was at Golden , Quartz Creek, just after a long run was on flat ground in trees when blammmmoooo, then fwwwwwweeeeewwww as the 8000 rpm clutch slowed down via help from the secondary, E-module, cylinder cases etc.

Clutch.JPG Crank stub.JPG secondary.JPG

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
yah and just make sure you let it set up overnight LOL
I seen a 700 pol do that once

D
Sep 13, 2002
Airdrie, AB
800 rotax series 3 same result

mine did the same thing, was on a 2003 800 series 3. Clutch shot out the side, was still spinning in the snow when i walked up to it. Lost my secondary, primary, and side panel (and crank) but it was a quick fix...all new parts. I think it happened on mine because i smoked a rock on that side and it connected to the clutch, but not very hard (suspension damage, but no visible clutch damage other than a little mark), next trip out it failed same as yours.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
See; there is more of BRP's advanced engineering at work. The abilty to take a light sled; and make it even lighter.....on the fly!!:D:beer;

R

Ramjet15x

Nov 27, 2007
Leduc, AB
Good Dealer

But at least my dealer has been great in fixing it, ordered all new parts for everything ASAP may be able to finish season off....

Wetaskiwin Motorsports

Hey Larry how's that for a plug?

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
kinda funny how there is a thread right below this about the xp being the deep powder challenge winner, wonder how many xp's it took to finish the challenge. No seriously, my buddy has an xp 154 and with all the problems ive read about, his seems to run perfect, and its still on its first belt! (with 600 miles)

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Before you JB weld it make sure you clean it up good with brake clean. Also build a sleeve that slides over the outside of the break and you're good as new. It might even be stronger :D

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
no JB weld is not the answer, the answer is in your pocket book, and is it big enough for the heli ride out, remember its under Warranty, so all your going to need is a sled to ride for the rest of the season because yours is going to be at the dealer till summer with the rest of them!!!!

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Is that part of the weight reduction for '08? :face-icon-small-con

Bad deal man, hopefully Doo gets you up and running again.

How many miles on the sled?

Premium Features