• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTB mini mountain sled 120 chassey

W

WKR

Nov 27, 2007
western canada
I have 5 year old 3 year old boys buggin me to come to the mountains this year, both been riding kitty cat and quads since 2. anyone have a fabcraft modded 120 or modded long track 120 for mountain use they want to get rid of. I will build one if necessary, but thought I would check to see if they are any out there for sale first, not interested in the bull moto either, too large at this time for the boys.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
find one of these!!!!!!!!

P1010646.jpg
[/IMG]

M
Mar 25, 2008
Kids mtn sled

All three of my kids have been sledding since they where 2 years old here is what I found worked well. Find a 120 do the clutch, and gear kit add hand warmers. we have had many days ridding where this unit has logged more than 40 miles, its not a mtn sled but at the young age nor are your kids.We used the 120 till the kids were app 5 years old.You will want to ride areas that offer smooth trails for the 120's. Next step was a A/C prowler, Great sled (Very cheap I found one for less than $1000) we installed a 1.5 121" track plastic skies. This sled had a very wide front end and trust me if your taken your kids to the mtns you want a wide sled for them. The 1.5 track gave it a great foot print as not to slid around as well let them not to climb pass their ability. 2 kids are now riding Back Country 550 Free styles with 144 2" tracks, these sleds work very well, as well you will find this sled useful for even you to ride for the small trips. I just recived a 3rd sled witch is a old racer edge mtn unit with all the light weight stuff, Its narrow, light, has the m10 and a 151 2" track, drop and roll, its a bit noisy witch the 11 year old boy loves. 10 years a ago this sled was the hot ticket today they are a found collecting dust. I plan to install a stock motor in this unit and keep it simple and reliable. Electric start is a great thing for any kids sled.
Good gear for the kids is every bit as important packing extra gloves, socks, and the hot packs are a must. kids don't like to ride all day so you need to mix it up a bit I found that the kids had just as much fun if not more sliding down a hill on one of them ski-doo $40 foam toboggan as they did riding a $5000.00 sled and the sliders will fit on the tunnel of most mtn sleds to haul them up the hill.
Hope this helps
TW

Premium Features