• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Info needed on radios

J
Mar 31, 2009
Bellingham Wa.
I am a new rider this season and am loving it! Thanks to all you out there for the info that has made this first season so great! I would like to know if there is a special frequency or chanel that I should have my radio on in case of emergencies. Not just for my self, but to listen for others also in case I am in the area and can help. Thanks.

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Great question, I've asked it and have researched it quite a bit. I don't think there is unfortunately.

If you own a spot, I recommend you include which channel S&R can find you (if you were to use it) on within the notes section....that is all I could think of.

R
Jan 9, 2008
Port Orchard, WA
Join the snowmobile club that's in the area you most ride in - They probably have a standard channel they use (the club I'm in does). And like said before - Put the channel your using in you spot message. Also - let the people back home know what channel your using - You do file a "Pre-Flight" with people before you go riding don't you?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
Poke around on the FRS channels, 1 and 7 seem popular for most crews.

There's a GMRS channel for em-comm, GMRS 6 (sometimes "20" depending on your radio), 462.675MHz, 141.3Hz tone ("Code 22"). You'll need a radio capable of repeater shifting and a GMRS callsign from the FCC to use that.

Motorola makes decent FRS radios.

Premium Features