• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Ramp

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Anybody ever make their own snowmobile ramp? Anybody know a site where you can look at them? Ideas as far as height, angle, lenght, radius? I wonder how hard it would be to get a foam pit in my backyard...?

Nolan

Last edited:
N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Where do you get plans for the ramp? The foam pit will be a sinch, assuming I can find some decently priced foam. This is all just a brainstorm in my head to see how easy/hard it would be to do this. Crane would be something I could work out.

heinracing

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
mina sd
Where do you get plans for the ramp? The foam pit will be a sinch, assuming I can find some decently priced foam. This is all just a brainstorm in my head to see how easy/hard it would be to do this. Crane would be something I could work out.

if you look at travis p foam pit he said that it's $1 a foam there are 40,000 pieces of foam in the pit

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Build the ramp however you feel, if you d*ck it up who cares....you have a foam pit to land in!!! Hah, na for mine i made it 7 feet wide, 19 feet long and 7.5 feet tall....the lip I eyeballed but I can tell you the first half of the ramp was no taller than 2.5-3 feet. It worked great, my take....if your a good enough rider to hit a ramp, then you should be able to make a ramp and not kill yourself on it. If you cant eyeball a hit and tell if you can hit it or not without wadding up......then you prob shouldnt be hitting kickers. just my $0.02

R
Dec 31, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Build the ramp however you feel, if you d*ck it up who cares....you have a foam pit to land in!!! Hah, na for mine i made it 7 feet wide, 19 feet long and 7.5 feet tall....the lip I eyeballed but I can tell you the first half of the ramp was no taller than 2.5-3 feet. It worked great, my take....if your a good enough rider to hit a ramp, then you should be able to make a ramp and not kill yourself on it. If you cant eyeball a hit and tell if you can hit it or not without wadding up......then you prob shouldnt be hitting kickers. just my $0.02

I agree with you on this one, I have built 2 of my own ramps and just adjusted and built it as I went. 1 is 7.5 feet tall and the other is 9.5 feet tall. The 9.5 foot tall is like 19 feet long, so I built the bottom frame then the 9.5 tall uprights and hung a string line from top to bottom. Just made my adjustments from there to see what it would look like. They both turned out really well and worked good for the three years we used them. Now there laying in my parents field back in Minnesota with nobody to use them:( Good luck in building yours, they are fun to build and even funner to use, until you start making ER runs;)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i built a MX ramp a few years back, i will try to hunt down the specs,

its about 16 feet long and the front is 6 inches high, so you gotta do a snow transition. final height was around 8' 6" and ths curve was gentle to start, curved pretty hard in the middle and the last 4 feet were dang near straigh angle. final angle was 38 or 40 I beleive, worked great, just make it wider and hit it on a sled!

Premium Features