• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Head for Doo 780 Triple?

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
I was wondering if someone could point me towards a replacement head for the doo 780. Actually mine is a 780 bored to a 925. I want to lower the compression so I would like to find one with domes. I think it would pay for it's self in gas cost savings in no time! Thanks

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Those are getting tough to find. Might have better luck asking on Doo-Talk, Sled-Headz or Amsnow. The ones you will probably find are going to be pinched a bit tighter than what you are looking for. Not too many guys even doing that mod anymore because of the lack of domes. Might call the Crank Shop, they are the only ones I think doing that anymore.

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
I sent an email to Price Performance inquiring about thier heads that show replaceable domes. Not cheap! I will post the reply if I get one. Am going to look into the Crank Shop head.

N
Nov 13, 2008
i have a ton of the 780 and 809 parts give me a pm, ill run my Hog Shop 820 against any Union Gay or Cutler twin out there. HAHA

H
Nov 26, 2001
Renton
Union Bay/Fasttrax. Make a head for that with interchangable domes. Awesome heads--I have ran them for years on several sleds.

H20SKE...

S

Sako7STW

Nov 6, 2003
Evanston, WY
I had the same problem with my 925...anyway I did not want to spend 600$ on a head with those domes. So we just put a thicker base gasket on. It works good and lowered my compression.

Where did you find your thicker gasket at? make your own? Didnt really want to pull the jugs but then again I havent inspected my cylinders for 3 years. Probably should do that ;) . Is there a certain 583 piston one has to use or just the standerd piston? Anyone with a good hookup on pistons, shoot me a PM. Thanks

Premium Features