• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why does my BCA link 2 start beeping?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It's not the battery, that's fine.

But after I've had it on for a few hours it just starts beeping for no reason.

There's nothing in the little info card that comes with the radios that explains what that is.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's the homing signal.

No, acutally, I don't know why it does that. I haven't experienced that. Are the channels flipping back and forth on the dial? Is they mic key partially stuck or frozen?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Right here mothership! Take me home!

Definitely no frozen. I first heard it in my backpack driving home after I forgot to turn it off. It really seems to be after its been on for hours but like I said, the battery is fine. I wonder if it's indicating a weather alert. Lots of storm riding lately.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Do these things have a weather alert capability?

I noticed on my BCLink 2.0 the other day that there is a cloud icon in the upper corner. WHAT is that? I guess I need to read the destructions and learn more about it.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah you can get on weather channels which is why I'm wondering if the beeping is just a notice of an existing weather alert. No mention of it in the instruction card if so.

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
It is just when it hasn't been used for XX number of minutes. It alerts you in case you are done riding so you will turn off your radio and not run down the battery. If you key up the mic one time it will stop beeping until it isn't used again for whatever that mystery number of minutes is again. :face-icon-small-coo

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
My tracker beacon starts beeping after about 3 days of being on. ya, I forgot to turn it off. Battery's where sill at like 78%

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It is just when it hasn't been used for XX number of minutes. It alerts you in case you are done riding so you will turn off your radio and not run down the battery. If you key up the mic one time it will stop beeping until it isn't used again for whatever that mystery number of minutes is again. :face-icon-small-coo

That makes sense. I kept turning it off an then back on again and it would start beeping again pretty soon though.

I'll give it a stern talking to tomorrow and see that helps.

If not, maybe words of encouragement is the way to go.

Or I'll just hit the button.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Did you lock the keys? Mine was beeping to but I think a button was getting pushed in my pack. Locked it and didnt hear it again.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Mine was doing the same the other day. I listened to it for about an hour thinking it was the battery. I ignored it mostly because it was doing while making our way back to the truck. Then, when back, I noticed it was not the battery. So inactivity!? I’ll have to be more active next time with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Yeah I think Missy is right. It just starts yapping when you haven't used it for a while.

Good to finally know. Thanks Missy!

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
We experienced the beeping also, usually at the end of the day. We decided it was inactivity, if one radio in the group is keyed it seems to reset all of them within range.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Mine started beeping also, mine had nothing to do with inactivity. It was the same beep as if you were turning the abcd dial, and when I started playing with it I noticed that some letters on the dial did not beep. I also noticed it was changing channels when it did it. Started picking up different riding group.

We use the letter A, on a specific channel with a specific sub channel, and the radio being locked, when it started beeping I would hear other people, I also would key the mike and they would hear me, while sitting beside others in my group whom could no longer hear me. We looked and the mike was still on A but the channel was not correct.

This was only on the new 2.0 radio, I was the only one in my group using the new one. I took it back to my local dealer and showed them what it was doing, even left it beeping on the desk so they could experience the joy of the new radio's also.

If nothing else at least it's expensive.

Last edited:
Premium Features