• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Icing up toggles and kill switch?

Gotmud

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
I'm a long time Polaris rider, this is my first skidoo. My first 3 day weekend was all over the hood deep powder and below 10 degrees. I liked the toggles on the dash for the hand warmers and lights, way easier to find than Polaris. I was shocked to find they keep freezing with ice and I couldn't toggle them? My kill switch froze in the down position. Now it works intermittently and has even died while riding. Anyone else have this problem?

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I had mine buried in Powder all last week and never had a problem. I wrap a rubber band underneath my kill switch, so it never gets far enough down to malfunction. Do the switches freeze over night, or when your riding?

IMG_0329.jpg

rmk all the way

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Dayton Wa
My hand warmers are on high 24/7 and you would never know it because they suck so I never play with the switch. But I turn my kill switch over so it points down and never had a problem. Mostly did this to keep it from hitting tree branches and killing the sled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotmud

Lifetime Membership
Sep 24, 2008
I had them freeze both over night and while riding. I did rotate the kill switch slightly forward as I have a tendency to hit kill with my chest. I think the switch is malfunctioned and I'm going to replace it. Hand warmers were damned near burning my hands once and I had to stop and use my hands and breath to defrost the toggle to turn them down? Guess I just assumed others would have the problem.

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
Hand warmer and light switch gets iced up almost every time I get out riding, when I stop I can usually clear the ice away after sitting for a bit and make any adjustments required. As far as the kill switch I kept hitting it accidentally while riding, and usually at the most inconvenient time, I ended up installing a momentary kill switch from Munster. Also installed hand guards because all that snow also freezes up the gloves.

Premium Features