• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 Viper MTX 153 SE

G
Dec 30, 2012
Spruce Grove, Alberta
My local dealer is blowing out 2015 Vipers at a terrific price. I'm thinking of selling my 2009 Nytro XTX and upgrading. What's everyone's experience with the 153 Viper? We ride the mountains in Valemont a few times a winter then some local foothills off trail riding. How big a difference will it be coming off the old Nytro?

K
May 9, 2013
What does the Barcode 360 do for the Vipers handling?

I bought the 153 SE which I believe has the Fox Air shocks. Any recommended settings?

Great price for the MPI Turbo so I decided to go big rather than go home!

Makes it way more predictable. Adds steering radius making the turing way sharper makes it hold edge effortless. Just plain out rocks. Ive got one kit with the new 2016 spindles and other with the 2015 spends. Both ride equally great.
Plus it works will all the stock shocks. No rebuilding or shortening or now special custom shocks needed, unless thats what you want to do.

Also the bigger centre spring helps a lot.

J
Jan 7, 2016
Ive been on the kit for a short while now. Its exactly what is advertised! I love this kit and the sled. Its like comparing a sharp knife to a dull one. I cant say enough about it. Ive posted on other threads my riding impressions. Here and on the cat forum side. If your looking to upgrade the from end on any proclimb/Viper chassis sled. Don't bother with the factory 16' just get this one its hands down superior Period!

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Do it!!! The Viper is hands down better than the Nytro. Stick the Barcode 365 kit on it and it will blow you away!

I am sure that is a great kit but being a cheap bastard by nature I went with the Zbroz upper arms and 2016 spindles. That let me keep the same shocks unaltered and the same lowers and the 38 inch front end, was around 500 dollars total. And YES the difference is HUGE! Countersteering and sidehilling is a breeze now.
attachment.php

cottonwood01242017.jpg

Barcode

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Sep 8, 2008
I also would say not huge difference. Its still 38" But your 100% right on the beefier front track shock spring. Its defiantly helps!

Premium Features