• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski doo techs, RER on a RS600 engine, possible?

B

Brannmark

Nov 27, 2007
Sweden
Planning on building an RS 770 big bore (RS crank with 800 cyls). What about RER, any way to retrofit an rs engine with rer? What kind of stuff and from what models do I need to grab parts?

Thanks

Dbook

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Planning on building an RS 770 big bore (RS crank with 800 cyls). What about RER, any way to retrofit an rs engine with rer? What kind of stuff and from what models do I need to grab parts?

Thanks

I imagine it could be done as long as you do not plan on using the RS ignition.

You could use a Series III 800 ignition with the reverse in it. You would have to do the whole ignition, Stator, Flywheel, MPEM, wiring harness... To me it would not be worth the headache. It is possible though.

B

Brannmark

Nov 27, 2007
Sweden
No I was planing on using a complete new set of ignition from what ever sled I can find. I see complete sets with wirig harness going pretty cheap nowadays so I might do it.

What about flywheels, do all series III engines have the same taper?

revx827

Lifetime Membership
Jun 27, 2009
floatingqrs.com
You can use a wiring setup from a 500ss or an 800r. If using 800r parts must be 2008 flywheel. Keyway is set at different location on 09+ 800r.
Then you would need the ecm programmed for 600HO timing curve.

Premium Features