• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1999 zrt 600 Oil Seeping around spark plugs

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I have a zrt600 triple. When I got it everything was removed and you premix the oil...... I blew a middle cylinder lower gasket. Ihave everything back together and after running it about 100 miles it looks as though fuel is equally seeping through the top of the head where you screw in the spark plugs. The pistons look pretty clean. I am assuming this means I am running too rich? I would say I am going through a tank of fuel in about 35 miles........ It feels like it runs ok if you stab the throtle it will bog at the upper end and sometimes will do the same even if you roll the throttle. If this is the case is there a link for information on adjusting the carb to clean up the top end power? I am learning as I go here so be gentle on me.... I could not find any post with oil seeping up through the spark plugs...

Also almost forgot this sled runs from 7000 feet (My House) to 10,000 feet (were all the fun happens;))

Last edited:
Premium Features