For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Video Cameras All things Video

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Currently: Working... boo
rcaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Go pro mounts

Wondering how you guys mount your go pros on the front of your sled to shoot backwards at the rider? Can some of you post some pics? And what you made the mount from?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Currently: ND. Meatball Crew / Polaris Ambassador
FatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond repute

I actually use the GoPro seat post / handlebar mount with it mounted to the front bumper of my Pro. It works and it's out of the way but I am looking at an extension for a little better view. I also have flat mounts on the top rear of the tunnel on each side of the tail light. You can mount the camera for a complete rear view or facing the riders back side.

I can post up some pics to give you an idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM
rcaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond reputercaustin has a reputation beyond repute

Yea i've thought of mounting to the bumper but I think if there was a bit of an extenstion it would give a better view - maybe out of the snow a bit more? But there is a fine line to being a great shot and the extension being in the way when going through trees and whatnot. pics would be great.

R

Old 11-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Currently: Not set.
gmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap way to do it...

Take PVC pipe 1/4".

use a pvc "T" with the bottom cut half off length wise so it will go around the bumper.

Take 2 screw in clamps to secure the T to the bumper.

Take 3-4ft of pvc pipe glued into the T, so the pole will be right infront of you.

Then you can use the basic gopro black screw in mount (dont know what its proper name is) and just plug and glue that in to the top of the pvc pipe.

Camera should be right in your face.

Not professional but itll cost you less than $5.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gmustangt For This Useful Post:
dirtybeacher (11-28-2012), Reno Tom (11-17-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 PM

Yea I was thinking something along those lines... I was just wondering if there was something better? or something that was easily collapsable etc.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:24 PM
FatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond reputeFatDogX has a reputation beyond repute

This website has a lot of GoPro accessories,

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/

I was actually looking at one of these carbon fiber extensions,

http://www.eyeofmineactioncameras.com/

Here are some shots from the front bumper, it's a little too far back, which is why I was looking at some kind of extension.

Polaris Pro RMK Axys 850 / 163
Polaris IQR 600
HD Street Glide with all kinds of goodies
Can Am Maverick X DS Turbo
Legend Enclosed Trailer (the toy box)

The Following User Says Thank You to FatDogX For This Useful Post:
Pol600 (11-29-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Currently: Wanting a job closer to the mountains!!
icerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmustangt View Post
Cheap way to do it...

Take PVC pipe 1/4".

use a pvc "T" with the bottom cut half off length wise so it will go around the bumper.

Take 2 screw in clamps to secure the T to the bumper.

Take 3-4ft of pvc pipe glued into the T, so the pole will be right infront of you.

Then you can use the basic gopro black screw in mount (dont know what its proper name is) and just plug and glue that in to the top of the pvc pipe.

Camera should be right in your face.

Hey G do you have of pic of this on your sled??

Thanks, Dallas

D&R Clutch Cleaning & Repair Castlewood, SD
PM me for Prices

Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM
gmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond reputegmustangt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerider600 View Post
Hey G do you have of pic of this on your sled??

Thanks, Dallas
No sorry, my sled is 5 hrs away right now.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:27 PM
Currently: Wanting a job closer to the mountains!!
icerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond reputeicerider600 has a reputation beyond repute

When you get by your sled would you send me a pm with a pic of it? I want to build one but it would be nice to see what it might look like.
Thanks, Dallas

D&R Clutch Cleaning & Repair Castlewood, SD
PM me for Prices

Old 11-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Basic Member
dirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to alldirtybeacher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmustangt View Post
Cheap way to do it...

Take PVC pipe 1/4".

Nice! I'm thinking to pre-mount a T on the front and back, and not gluing the pipe but use a small bolt and wingnut to quickly change the shot.

bike mount -

Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Basic Member
PCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2012, 05:40 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to FatDogX For This Useful Post:
PCDan (12-30-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Basic Member
PCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond reputePCDan has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM

Click Here to Register