• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DeLorme PN-60w With Spot

M8 Rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Riverton Utah
I just bought a DeLorme PN-60w with the SPOT feature. Has anybody tried one of these out yet? With the Cabelas Club discount and rebate I saved $200.00. I have used the original SPOT with good results. It looks like it should work well. I just need to find a good case for them.

W

WyoDave

Dec 1, 2007
Wyoming
I bought one at Amazon a few weeks ago. Paid right at about $400. Also purchased the "Power Kit" which has a home/car charger and rechargeable batteries but what I really liked was that it came with 4 screen protectors that are already pre-cut and are very good quality. I haven't taken it snowmobiling yet but did take it to work with me to learn how it works and get to know it. I bought the Spot tracking feature and used that while at work (about 135 miles round trip), came home and logged on to my Spot page and it showed everywhere i went. I liked how you could view the track by different map types also. It has a regular street map, a satellite map, a hybrid map and a topo map to choose from. I also like the "Type & Text" feature, that was one of the main reasons I bought it over the regular Spot. I wanted a GPS anyway.

I had a few problems getting it set-up initially but I am far from computer literate. Once I figured out what to do the rest is kind of falling in place. It really helped that I took it to work with me to get to know it.

I installed a Ram mount and the Ski-Doo 12v accessories plug to keep it charged. I have heard batteries in GPS's don't last very long. I will keep some spares in my pack just in case. Another thing I liked was that Delorme sent the Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries with it and all the mapping software included. This is the only GPS I've ever owned but really like it so far.

002.jpg

Premium Features