• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bosch BOV question

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I found this part number floating around the web for the little black bosch BOV.

Im betting there are a few variations of this number.DO those who have it like it and is this the right p/n?? I just need 2 BOV's on my propane setup and need to grab a second one, these are simple/cheap and easy to install vs flanges, etc and spendy BOV's. I also trust parts from bosch a lot.. designed to last a while in cars.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I've run them as my second bov. They work fine. I'm not sure on the part number though. I have seen one go bad and start leaking at idle.

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
very simular to factory one on my dodge spirit r/t, dont last long at 14-15psi but thats also from 1992 could be some upgrades since then, BUT get a good BOV and set it up so it sucks in air Naturaly aspirated until it senses boost little more low end power and spools faster exspecially when running a large turbo.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Hmm.. I have another one I can use, its needs a flange made.. but thanks for the input.. time to build a flange, and I will be setting it up to open at idle.. easy to do and definately should do something... aint gonna hurt.

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Hmm.. I have another one I can use, its needs a flange made.. but thanks for the input.. time to build a flange, and I will be setting it up to open at idle.. easy to do and definately should do something... aint gonna hurt.

I run my synapse open at idle. That bosch that went bad started leaking at idle and not re-sealing when you hit the throttle. They should close the instant the throttle is chopped.

B

BLUE BLOOD

Aug 15, 2008
CO
THE BOSCH BOV DOESN'T OPEN COMPLETELY AT IDLE ON THESE MOTORS. NOT ENOUGH VACUUM. I USE ONE ANYWAY, I LIKE THE PRICE

Premium Features