• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 Nitro 2010 MCX270 Build

B

brutis

Nov 26, 2007
Lethbridge , Alberta
First off I would like to thank Thistledoo for all his help.
I would have never built this sled if he would not have offered to help.
He found the sled for me and we ripped it apart in his shop,used all his
tools and put it back together.
Thanks also to Tige for coming over and helping also .:beer;
It all started with an 08 nitro that I got on snowest from 1racer.
The sled had some nice bolt ons.
Timber front and rear suspension
Avid drivers
Big wheel kit
156 camo track
Trail tank
Steering post relocate kit
We added a 2010 MCX 270HP pump gas turbo
Clutch Kit
Mountain Mod seat
Custom paint
And many other little bits.
We took the sled out today to a stubble field and man it runs hard !
No issues at all. Just need some days off to get her to the hills. :mad:
Here are some pics of the build :)

6stock.jpg 13teardown.jpg 17assembly.jpg 19assembly.jpg 25.jpg 33.jpg 32.jpg

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Hey no problem....it was a fun project and it took forever but we really took our time....and it paid off. Ran perfect and cant wait to get in the waist deep POW!!!!! Have fun working today:D I loaded yours and left mine to rest....will report back tonight:D:D:D

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
hey no problem....it was a fun project and it took forever but we really took our time....and it paid off. Ran perfect and cant wait to get in the waist deep pow!!!!! Have fun working today:d i loaded yours and left mine to rest....will report back tonight:d:d:d

lol

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Looks good. Tunnel dump on a stock tunnel? I would be interested in some pics of that.

Me too.

Did you use a CR tunnel dump or make your own? I read somewhere that the small heat exchanger on the side of the tunnel needs to be cut shorter and welded back together. Do you have any details on that?

Thanks!

B

brutis

Nov 26, 2007
Lethbridge , Alberta
Yes thats correct we cut the cooler about 3" shorter and had it rewelded at a
metal shop.
I think I might have a pic will look and post later.
We made our own short pipe for the exhaust dump.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Yes thats correct we cut the cooler about 3" shorter and had it rewelded at a
metal shop.
I think I might have a pic will look and post later.
We made our own short pipe for the exhaust dump.

You got any more pics of when you where building it???

Justin:D

C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
I think ol thistle is gonna be sorry he helped when we get that badboy out there. Way to one-up him ordering the 270 kit.;)

S

SNAFU

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary
Thanks, Brutis. Nice pictures. Do you just cut the end cap off the exchanger and then cut out an additional 3" and weld the cap back on?

Also, what material is the header connection to the turbo made of? Did you MIG it to the stock header? Any tips here?

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
I just cut the end plate flush off and then cut of aprox 3 inches....then you need to cut out a passage so the water can flow....you will see when you cut off the end. We just made a new end plate and so far its fine....just made the dump from mild steel and used the flange from the stock MCX turnaround pipe. On the header we migged it....plus went over the yamaha welds that crack....

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Slowy creeping up, you should have seen when Brendon rode his RX1 the 1st time. Him & Climbmax wanted to turn them done as they were over 20lbs. That was along time ago when that much boost was unheard of. It was pretty funny, Randy said to me, do know how to turn this down, its retard fast. Oh by the way sled looks great, should be trouble free.

Premium Features