• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Numerous MCX-Nytro questions.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Clutch weights

Thats good news now you don't have to fork over the cash. I doubt your springs are bad if you have under 500 miles.
I'm presently running my secondary at 3-0. That will also hold your RPM's better.
You can take a claiper gauge and measure your rollers in the clutch also.
I have a roller chart let me know if you would like it. The chart is in the shop manual.
I noticed you changed your bearings, were they bad? Did you have any bearing failures? just curious as I have only changed the left side on the jackshaft.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Thats good news now you don't have to fork over the cash. I doubt your springs are bad if you have under 500 miles.
I'm presently running my secondary at 3-0. That will also hold your RPM's better.
You can take a claiper gauge and measure your rollers in the clutch also.
I have a roller chart let me know if you would like it. The chart is in the shop manual.
I noticed you changed your bearings, were they bad? Did you have any bearing failures? just curious as I have only changed the left side on the jackshaft.

All the changes I made where for preventative maintenance. Everything was fine but at 3k+ it was time.

I will try the new springs and if not change I will increase the preload to 2-0 or 3-0.

Thanks for your help I will keep you updated.

Also increased both shock preloads from front shock 1 inch to 1.5 inch and rear shock from 1 inch to 2.5 inches. Set the decompression 1 turn out from full in.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Was talking to gunner and he has alot of experience with the ezryde skid and said crank it up if its sagging to much.

How much preload do you run washy? Do you remember what your decompression is set at?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Put new springs in and a new belt. Too dam cold to test it though. I did run it on the stand and noticed the belt still sits really low in the secondary. I will take a pic later. I know you can put washers behind those 3 smaller screws on the backside on the secondary to push the belt up more. Right now there are no washers on those screws. But you would think with a brand new belt it would be sitting up higher.

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Put new springs in and a new belt. Too dam cold to test it though. I did run it on the stand and noticed the belt still sits really low in the secondary. I will take a pic later. I know you can put washers behind those 3 smaller screws on the backside on the secondary to push the belt up more. Right now there are no washers on those screws. But you would think with a brand new belt it would be sitting up higher.

Mine from new had 1 washer on each bolt.

I am running almost 1.5 inches preload on the back and 1.75 inches on the front. Compression 2 turns in I think. But when I had my skid put together it was made for a 280 lb rider so the rear spring is heavier than a standard ezryde.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Pretty sure it was geared down to the 19t.

I was at yamaha and they said you could order .5mm washer or 1 mm washers. What size and how many are you running?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
1 mm. Just run to the hardware store and find something that fits the screw. Maybe like washers that you use to back rivits that would work.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
pics

IMG_6827.jpg

IMG_6832.jpg

IMG_6838.jpg

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
So I got a question? I just installed a Impulse PG turbo and noticed the water vapor coming out of the vent tube on the oil breather line. This kinda woried me at first till I read this post. Anyone know why they do this?

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Water

Wonder if it's condensation from the motor. However I just changed my oil and there's no sign of water in it. I'm not to worried about it!!!

dexter

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2007
Belt looks too low, you need to add washers like artic cat said. Also check the ramp pins on your shockwave. sometimes when you fray belts it knocks of the e clip and the pins back out looks like you might be missing some, hard to tell from the pics though. Also try 1.5 turns on the helix 2.5 is to much. then adjust weight in arms to desired rpm.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
There where .5mm washers in that picture so I added some 1 mm washer on top of the .5mm. It did move the belt up a bit but now the belt is squealing like a school girl. Maybe I will try take out the .5 so that I only have the 1mm vs. 1.5 total.

What a PITA!

Even with the 1.5MM the belt does not sit very high imo, you cant even see a chord.

S

SPOOLED

Dec 4, 2007
northern bc
it looks like that you are running too much helix angle, for the wear marks on the primary look like you are not pulling the secondary very well, like dexter said turn in your helix and adjust your primary weight.

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Clutching

Check your pins on that shockwave,looks like the pin is comming out! You really don't want to see a cord showing on the secondary, its way to hard on belts.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
it looks like that you are running too much helix angle, for the wear marks on the primary look like you are not pulling the secondary very well, like dexter said turn in your helix and adjust your primary weight.

I turned the shockwave in. I think it was set to steep as well. Havent had a chance to test it.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Check your pins on that shockwave,looks like the pin is comming out! You really don't want to see a cord showing on the secondary, its way to hard on belts.

What pin are you referring to? One in the picture above? Its been cold and I have been busy to test this fresh set up.

Premium Features