• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where to locate meth nozzles on Apex

B
Guys,

Does anyone have a picture they could share with me on where the best spot is to locate water meth injection nozzles in the intercooler for an Apex?

I have done numerous searches abroad and only find pic's of RX1's but the flanges are obviously different between the carbs and EFI throttle bodies and the best practice is to have the nozzles perpendicular to the air flow. Hard to do on an Apex...

Would it hurt to have them pointing directly at the throttle bodies?

Thanks!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Meth

Definately do not want them shooting directly down the throttle bodies. Try to keep them as perpendicular to airflow as possible. You can cut angles on a piece of aluminum rod and drill and tap them and then weld them onto the intercooler to get your correct angle. Also gives you a better flange for screwing the nozzle into.

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
This is how mine is....
0225091653.jpg

B
Transporter,
That is where i was thinking of installing mine but that is aways from perpendicular to the air flow into the TB's so was leary.
Have any issues or adverse affects like that? How much boost are you running with that configuration? I'd like to run 18-20

thanks meth for your input and suggestions, much appreciated.

Last edited:

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
Never tried it on premium fuel.Used it with av gas which mabye isnt needed, to 20.Contact hurricane racing on totallyamaha.com.Not sure how you know if its workin properly unless you have temp probes in header or something.Should have spent money on cam or something else i feel.

R

richyrich

Nov 26, 2007
Mt Baker
I put mine in like transporter, except mine is on the underside. this is also how Dave from Hurricane Performance recommends the install.

E

Premium Features