• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpine low BOOST kit

M

Moosehumper

Mar 27, 2009
In a van, down by the river!
Not a lot of info out on this one yet.
Anyone know more about it? How it compares to the MCX kit?
More HP claimed 200ish - would that be on pump gas or are they burning hightest to sqeeze a little more out of it?:musicnote:
Or does the IC make that much of a difference?

Does this one add boost as alt. changes as well, or is it manually controlled?

T
Sep 7, 2008
alpine low boost

it runs at 6psi out of the box and very well on 91. no problems at all. very good throttle response no lag! fit and finish excellent . uses pure logic controller very easy! installing manual boost controller next week when it shows up. going to try 8-9 psi next ride. have a friend with big boost powder lite on a nitro and he is considering a alpine low boost ! also going to get rid of the muffler and go with some kind of tunnel dump. if your considering dont be afraid . install and clutching about 15 hrs 1st time but im sure i could do it in 9-10 2nd time. i delt with dean at alpine first rate !

M

Moosehumper

Mar 27, 2009
In a van, down by the river!
Thanks, you may have saved me from making a bad choice.:cool:
There is 09 /w a PL stageII for sale near by for a great price - supposedly, the guy scared himself pretty good on it & wants something different.

After looking for more info on it last night, every video I saw it seemed like no one would hold the throttle open long enough to get close to 280hp. It looked like by the time it was making decent power - it was moving too fast & you would need a loooong shoot or something to benifit. Kind of rough sounding at just off idle too.

Now my search for a 2010 begins so i can play with a low boost set up.;)

T
Sep 7, 2008
Got boost i do

I have a apex with rods and pistons with high boost so i do have something to compare it to. good luck on your search!

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Power?

I think everyone has their own opinion on hp with boost. No doubt that you need to have respect for the #'s but to be afraid of it is a little off base. The power is linear and does come on very quick(that's what it's supposed to do right)but you have control over the time you hold the throttle open and how much you open it in the first place. You also get use to it just like the first ride on an 800 vs the 500 you traded in, it just takes a little time.
I know of one '09 PL Nytro for sale in the Sicamous area and I know the owner of that one is NOT afraid of the power.
These sleds clutch out fully and reach about 100-105 if the belt is good.With stock gearing it really does not go much faster than a stock sled, it just gets there really quickly:)
What does a Low Boost kit cost, complete and installed? What is max-safe boost level on 91oct?
I know that not everyone is interested in big hp on the Nytro and that some just want a bit more punch but I don't think 280hp is something to be frightened of unless you gear it up to run 200mph on a lake or something. If you know 180-200 is all you will ever want then the low boost is likely the way to go but if you ever think you may want a crack at more hp then do it the first time cause the hit your gonna take on the cost of the build at resale time is huge either way.
So there you go, now you have one more opinion.... for what it's worth. Good luck no matter what you do and I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way.

Premium Features