• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rush 155" - "398 pounds"

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
Bigger ones...

I don't suppose you could post some bigger pics of the sled and suspension could you? The ones on the site are just thumbnail size and dont open any larger either. I'm liking your sled though. That's going to be a fun ride.

P
Nov 14, 2009
IMO, the rear suspension is what makes it a rush. Take that away and you have an IQ.

As far as I'm concerned, without the pro-ride suspension, it's just a IQ.

Although yes I agree, that is a beautiful sled there. Would love to throw that thing around in some pow!

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
opinions like belly buttons

IMO, the rear suspension is what makes it a rush. Take that away and you have an IQ.

Although yes I agree, that is a beautiful sled there. Would love to throw that thing around in some pow!

Are they the same? Same bulkhead? Same front suspension? I would not make these statements unless they are the same part numbers. Have you built one?

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Are they the same? Same bulkhead? Same front suspension? I would not make these statements unless they are the same part numbers. Have you built one?

The bulkhead is IMO what makes the Rush something special. Completely new way assembling the bulkhead that is both lighter, stronger and simpler than the convential methods plus it allows it to be fully servicable. That and the over the engine steering which will make the sled more reactive to body inputs. The front suspesion geomtry is working for Polaris, no need to change that.

The Rush is the FIRST departure from normal welding/riveting assemblies. They put airplanes together like they do the Rush, I see it as the wave of the future.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008

Then do u see the IQR and IQ as the same? I have rode them both and i can tell u they are completely different!

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Tell us more........

Iceage made their sled 398 lbs with really a tunnel and a rear skid, spindals and possibly a-arms. I would bet that a Polaris production sled off the Rush bulkhead in 155 RMK form comes in around the 435 lb mark bone stock.

Here are some pictures of the bulkhead assembly:

Rushdiagram.gif

The sections are assembled with bolts and a Bonding adhesive that is simple to use. Say you hit a tree and damage the left front section of the bulkhead. In the past this meant a complete service chassis from the factory. Now you can simply remove the bolts, heat the affected area to a around 300* and remove the bad section. Clean all surfaces with common cleaning agents, install the new piece with the bonding agent, install bolts and thats it, bulkhead is repaired.

The other side benefit here is the lack of distortion the chassis will go through during the assembly process. The factories will have less twisting of the frame as they assemble the sled and engine alignment and clutch alignment should vary less from sled to sled.

And finally all this is LIGHTER and CHEAPER than the old bulkhead assembly. Can you say lucky us?

All the large pieces in the picture, 3, 7, 13, 14 have a suggested list of $315 TOTAL!

Last edited:
F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
extrusion

I am pretty sure (99.9%) it is not an extrusion (too complicated shape), but extrusion is a really cool process that should be used more......

Premium Features