• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOSS Polaris Edge Seats Fit 97 700 rmk?

W
Nov 15, 2008
My birthdays coming up here quick and want to get a BOSS Polaris Edge Seats for my 97 700 rmk. Question is will it fit if I get an Edge gas tank, and does anybody know of any complications I would run into. Also my current seat has a light in it, would I have to fab a new light?

M
Jun 15, 2009
Marshfield, WI.
Hi i have a boss seat and edge tank on my 97 mod. NOW MY SEAT IS NOT the edge boss seat. It is a boss high rise for a gen2. the edge seat has a kickup in the middle of the seat so you will have to make a small wedge to put under the back of the seat so it fits on your flat tunnel. the gen2 seats were discontinued by boss last year so they dont exzist . now your cooler lines that run under the seat will also be a big issue there is no chase way in the edge tank for those hoses. so there is two ways around this one is to do a edge tunnel cooler kit wich runs the coolant down the running board edges this is costly. the second is to find a cooler fron a 2000 -2001 600-700 xc sp wich has a factory u cooler this rout means you have to notch the track to give clerance to the coolers but you can find them in junk yards for cheep. now that said boss made a seat for your stock tank that had the room for the coolant hoses but they no longer make that one eather but i know a guy that had one new in the box for sale you will be far better to try this route i will pm you his info.

1030091908a_336759.jpg

Premium Features