• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tight track

M
Nov 2, 2009
I bought and installed the track USA 136" extentions on my 1996 XLT. I bought a 136 track this spring but only installed it yesterday. It is super tight. The extentions sit tight against the track and you can't spin it. Is it possible that it is a 133 or 133.5 track. If not the track what cold be the problem. Oh and when we put it on the ground the front of the skid was 3-4" off the ground. Thanks for any help you can give.

K
Mar 16, 2008
I had that happen to me once. I was sold a 133.5 when it was supposed to be a 136. Try removing the rail extensions and try it again, if it works, then you know where you stand.

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Ditto on the previous...I had to get the grinding bits out to make a "bolt on" fit right. Just like you, the track was too tight till aluminum was removed and the extension was allowed to move forward.

M
Nov 2, 2009
Well it is a 136 track. Also when the new hyfax were installed(my bother) he cut them straight and not at an angle so the track windows were getting caught in them. Also were the extention sit, there a 3/16" gap between the end of the stock rail and the inside grove of the extention. Taking the extrntions out and going to machine the sqaure that fit in the old axle hole to allow the extention to move forward a bit. Thank for all the help......Murph:)

Premium Features