• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rush

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Wow, another Anchorage-ite; we are probally neighbors and don't know it. I was going to go with the Rush, had visions of long tracks and all but couldn't get past the geometry changes a long track might have on the rear suspension (not counting the redesigned rear bumper one would have to make), couldn't get past the fact that one was limited to paddle size also due to the rear suspension design, and lastly, couldn't get past the fact I couldn't figure out how to add an additional fuel system and gear-bags to the sled. So I got a Switchback for my I-Dog run this year. But the thing I do know, with my dirt bike experiance, the Rush will rock. We need you first year buyers to "test mule" the thing out for the rest of us.

I'll call your shop number when I get back to town, need to chat about the Trail Tank. Cheers.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
all you need to do is sit there and look at it and it will all come to mind i already got some ideas, and for the tank i herd trail tank might make a bigger tank, and if you do get rid of the pro ride in the rear you would have all that extra room in the back where the shock would normaly be...... just some thoughts
:)

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
I've heard that other Iron Dog racers were not interested in riding the Rush for this year's race. The reasons given were that the Rush was not as good of a platform for XC racing as an IQ/Dragon. Form what was said, the Rush is more difficult to go fast on in an XC setting since you can't stand up for 100's of miles at a time. Evidently, the Rush handles better when you stand?

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
I was thinking the Rush would be a great I-Dog ride, standing up like a true dirt biker would, but couldn't figure out additional fuel stash areas. Also, the deal breaker: can't tow anything. There are times when one must tow your partner's sled, and all I forseen was the bumper coming off followed by the linkage system, not to mention that the rear suspension action may be compromised under a tow load. Oh well, but I'd buy one in a heartbeat if the darn thing wasn't so narrowed focused. See ya a the Winter Rec show at the end of September. Cheers

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Good points about fuel storage and towing. The IQ's have a 15 gallon trail tank available. I don't know if that could be fitted onto a Rush?

From what I heard, the Rush doesn't steer very well unless you are standing up. I don't know first hand, since I've not had a chance to ride it, but other racers I know mentioned it. They also mentioned the front to rear balance and weight transfer was more sensitive than a regular sled.

I'm really curious to see how they do this winter. Right now, my expectations are not very high.

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
i rode one for about 15 to 20 miles last year and they steer in the front end just about the same as the dragon 600 but you can also tell that there is less weight in the front end witch makes it nice.
as for the rear end it is verry sensitive to the riders weight, so you set the rear shock to your weight and what ever your carring and it rides good but when you start getting rid of that gas weight the sled starts to ride different as the rear shock isnt set up for the same weight as you started out with

i like the rush and cant wait to ride it

Apr 21, 2008
We need you first year buyers to "test mule" the thing out for the rest of us.

That's always Polaris's plan, good to see their riders are getting on board now :rolleyes:

The rush looks like it would be a pretty good sled for XC. With the adjustability of the rear shock, you should be able to set it so that it handles better when you're sitting down, if that's how you're riding it.

A
Sep 24, 2009
clinton ny
id ride a buddies but i would not buy one. Like one of the previous posts said, it is to narrow minded. I dont see it as a race sled, not a mountain sled, cant take my gf for a spin on it.
Guess im just still addicted to the edge chassis. thats just me though.:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
id ride a buddies but i would not buy one. Like one of the previous posts said, it is to narrow minded. I dont see it as a race sled, not a mountain sled, cant take my gf for a spin on it.
Guess im just still addicted to the edge chassis. thats just me though.:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

I was addicted to the edge chassis before............i was like how can it get better than this? Well the iq raw chassis is better....much much better.

R
Nov 30, 2007
Tug Hill, NY
I've heard that other Iron Dog racers were not interested in riding the Rush for this year's race. The reasons given were that the Rush was not as good of a platform for XC racing as an IQ/Dragon. Form what was said, the Rush is more difficult to go fast on in an XC setting since you can't stand up for 100's of miles at a time. Evidently, the Rush handles better when you stand?

Actually Gabe Bunke will be racing a RUSH in this years USCC racing action. He is a top Pro level rider and I doubt he would race one if he didn't think they would be competitive. His race sled was on display at HayDays.
Just like a dirt bike you can stand or sit with equally good results. Of course, standing allows faster running over big bumps as then you can use your legs for more control JUST like on a dirtbike.
I think this sled is going to be hugely successful and is the future of rear suspension.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
I think the rush is going to be a great sled. I am going to take one out for a few test miles when we get it in. I will let everyone know how its works!!!

C

CATKILLER

Dec 6, 2007
ANCHORAGE,AK
yes it works great in the bumps but its not going to be to great for us iron doggers that need to put extra fuel and surival get on it theres just no room
it really rides good with ohlins on it :D

Premium Features