• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xcr 800 flatlander

R
Mar 12, 2008
I have seen a tison long chaincase that keeps to jackshaft in stock location are these setups still available.I like the idea pros+ cons please.

O

olymon

Not sure but I think the edge chain case can work for a d/r in an older chassis. Is the xcr a genII? I thought I read someone doing a d/r like this and keeping the jackshaft in the same place. The edge chain case is about a inch longer center to center. Not sure how much room you really gain though.

R
Mar 12, 2008
Thanks for the answer ,it is a gen 2 with inboard trailing arms.I also heard of a rti chaincase just would like to here from someone who did one.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
GenII D&R

I have one on a 01 gen II. This was Wong's template which are no longer available. Any of the Gen II RMK chassis have a longer chain case. One give away is the spec on the stock gearing. If it's in the range of 19/41 and has a 72 pitch chain then it's a longer case.
That said, when I did mne it moved down 2 and back 3. top shaft is through the tunnel. This mod required cutting away part of the right foot rest and trailing arm brace for the chain case. I simply made a brace that goes from the trailing arm brace up to the bulk head to reinforce that side. It may be stronger than stock.

I found it much easier to make this mod with the belly pan removed. This mod also uses a shorter belt. I used the XCR belt which is 12 inch centers if I recall correctly.

H
Mar 30, 2008
I am also looking to do this to the xcr 800 body.
the stock chian case is about 6.8" and the prox, edge chain cases are 7.9"

what if you take the stock chaincase and drop it down and back? run the jackshaft through the tunnel. bad idea? good idea?

B
Nov 26, 2007
Salt Lake City
Roll

You can do that but you may not get as much change as you would like because the driven will hit the left foot rest. With a longer chain case you can get more drop without hitting the foot rest.

Premium Features