• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What would you do ??? Sell or hold?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Bought a couple sleds in March of 2018.

One for my son and myself.

Son hurt in December and still in rehab for at least end of February.

One of 2 sleds ridden several times

Son's sled has 0 miles and only upgrade is a skin.

Im far away from any sled dealer (10 plus hours) . Located in Southern California

Sell the sled with zero miles or keep it and maybe ride in MARCH.

Season usually ends in March because of baseball season for son.

Sled is a 2018 SKIDOO SUMMIT 154 track 3 in lug Black with SHOT. Warranty till end of March 2019

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
IMO better off to keep it, if you do sell it you're going to take a financial hit on it to do what then... buy another new sled for more money?

This sounds like a no brainer for me.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Sorry to hear about your boy....hope it's something he will recover fully from! Best wishes there.
Regarding the sled, you know you'll spend some money selling it between a bit of depreciation and whatever it costs in price, delivery, etc to unload a sled that lives in SoCal. The question is, is it at all a financial burden to keep it? If so, cut your losses, but otherwise, presumably it will still be used for many years to come. Surely you didn't buy it to use one season.

If it's the frustration of the sled sitting, tell me about it. The family and I average a whopping 2-3 rides a year average. But, having the sleds when we can go, is awesome!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I paid 11 grand and drove to Colorado to get the sled. Right now have 5 year zero interest financing.

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Great riding in hero snow. Son starts baseball March thru July 4 days a week !

Hero snow in March? Not here, Feb, Mar and April are our best snow months. Hero snow season starts in May...

I don't see any sense in selling it if you intend on riding next season. So he has a new sled to start next year. I doubt Doo is making any revolutionary changes you wont be able to live without. I would keep it.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Hero snow in March? Not here, Feb, Mar and April are our best snow months. Hero snow season starts in May...
Totally!

Anyways....if you know you want sleds for next season regardless, there is no money to be saved by selling and starting over again. So if it's financially viable, and you don't want to switch sleds/brands, I would just keep what ya got.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Totally!

Anyways....if you know you want sleds for next season regardless, there is no money to be saved by selling and starting over again. So if it's financially viable, and you don't want to switch sleds/brands, I would just keep what ya got.

California snow typically gets heavier in the spring. Days are longer and we get snail …. hail and snow like little BB's. Freezes up at night slush fest during the day.

Staying with SKIDOO just thinking about warranty ending in March with zero miles. Promised son only he will break in the sled.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
^He's crazy

March in california kicks ass

He just needs to drive another hour and a half up the road. :face-icon-small-ton

Keep the sleds don. There is no scenario that doesn't lose you lots of money when you're both ready to ride.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
^He's crazy

March in california kicks ass

He just needs to drive another hour and a half up the road. :face-icon-small-ton

Keep the sleds don. There is no scenario that doesn't lose you lots of money when you're both ready to ride.

You guys are so lucky in the TRUCKEE area. That's some awesome snow there.

Here in SOCAL its been a while with snow past March. But the last time it did happen I was riding in JUNE !!!

C'mon now you guys don't get snail at the end of the season? I was at Huntington Lake a while back and it was snailin like crazy. Or was I too far south?

Buddy did Sonora pass last weekend … pics showed epic conditions.

Last edited:

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
If you had bought a Polaris that was going to run out of warranty without being ridden, I would SELL, and RUN AWAY! The 850 Doos seem to be typical Doo, running great around here. I wouldn't sweat the warranty expiring, you probably were not going to need it anyway.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'd keep the sled, but try to get at least 100 miles on it somehow before the warranty ends. That way if anything was assembled incorrectly you'll at least find it and be covered.

Premium Features