• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 turbo nytro clutching

Getting close to finishing up my diy turbo kit so I figured I should try and find out what I should start with for clutching. I am using A 16t Mitsubishi turbo (rear mount) with An air water intercooler, aux fuel pump, head shim, valve timing, and neils sds fuel system. I am riding at 0-1000 ft elevation and have a 141" track. I am thinking I will be close to 200hp. What do you guys suggest for a base setup that I can work from for clutching? Can you just pile the weight to the factory clutching with bigger rivets? Also assuming I get it working right am I far off with my hp estimate?

Thanks.

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
clutching

I'm certainly no expert but heres what works in my Nytro @ 12 psi 2000'...

Primary:
8Bu-00's Fully Loaded
14.5mm Rollers
Blue/White/Blue Primary spring

Secondary:
Shockwave Helix
EPI Purple Spring Wraped 0-1
start at 1.5 turns out

M

mitty26

Jan 4, 2008
Alberta
a lot of boosted yammies are running a green Arctic cat secondary spring , blue white blue yammy primary spring , 14.5 mm rollers , either dalton adjustable weights or the fully loaded 8BU's, a 49 degree helix or a shockwave. The shockwave and daltons is the way to go , you will have a ton of adjustability with both.

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Ahh the clutching debate

MCX 180 2.5 x 162 track worked good at 1600' and 6500'
Primary
STM weight's 74 grams total with the two 7 gram tungsten's in the base
Blue Brown Blue yam spring
stk 16.5 rollers

Secondary
purple epi spring set at 1-0
45 deg Dalton helix

With this set up it will tap the rev limiter from a dead stop then smooth right out at 8800 back shift when needed and work greet. I am going to try a 50/44 dalton R series helix this year they are not a equal split, steep the first 20%ish should be ideal for boosted sleds, guess I will find out. I tried the Dalton -2 weights they were to much empty with the stock secondary setup, the lighter set may work but the STM's have more adjustment if your buying a set. Lots of diff setups out there, I came from cat so the diff Yam weights and roller combo's ? I will stick with one profile and roller to sort it out.

Premium Features