• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MCX electronic boost controller issues

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
So your thinking I have the rod to tight? Washy the tests today were at 3000 ft. I tightened the rod last ride so I could get 12ish on the hill to ride....which is 6000 ft ish.....The other night I put air to the wategate acctuator just to see if it was smooth and it all looked good....weird I'm riding tom so I will do some more testing and see what happens. Thanks and keep the ideas rolling

No I dont think the rod is too tight. You changed that after you started to have problems. I thought may be the actuator bellows was maybe leaking.

W
Oct 2, 2009
So your thinking I have the rod to tight? Washy the tests today were at 3000 ft. I tightened the rod last ride so I could get 12ish on the hill to ride....which is 6000 ft ish.....The other night I put air to the wategate acctuator just to see if it was smooth and it all looked good....weird I'm riding tom so I will do some more testing and see what happens. Thanks and keep the ideas rolling

I may be having the same problem as you. I was making 17psi (210kpa absolute pressure) and I'm at 700' above sea level very very lean! I'm also running the MCX 240 Nytro kit. I just measured the exposed threads on my waste gate arm behind the jam nut and I have approx 7mm of threads showing? Is that the same as yours? Can anyone confirm a rough length?

Wondering if I have a bad TCV or maybe I have the 270HP program on my fuel controller? I have attached a pic of my boost table as delivered form MCX. Can anyone confirm these values are correct for the 240HP kit?

Boost Table.JPG

Sammy

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
Stony plain, Alberta
No I dont think the rod is too tight. You changed that after you started to have problems. I thought may be the actuator bellows was maybe leaking.

This is a good thought as a small leak may be overcome when the tcv is not plumbed in, meaning there is enough boost supply to still operate the wastegate cannister properly. With the tcv in place there is a chance that the supply is restricted or bleeds enough boost that a small leak at the bellows or cannister itself is creating your problem. I would pressurize your actuator and use soapy water to check for leaks to eliminate this as a possble problem. A binding linkage would raise boost levels as well but i would think you have eliminted that possibility by removing the tcv and having boost levels come back down.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
Well I pretty much have it narrowed down to either the baro sensor or the box. On saturdays ride I took out the tvc and connected the lines....started out at 11ish and was maybe 10 when we hit 6000. Installed a new tvc and the boost went to 16 or 17ish.....which is way to much for my set up. So I pu$$y footed around for the rest of the day. For now I will have to tighten the rod to 14ish and ride....until I get this figured out....

Nov 28, 2007
Vernon
15 - 16 lbs is OK at 6 -7k, I would just adjust it down a hair next time are on the hill (just remember to not sit down while you are testing with the seat pan off)
I think we would be lucky if the boost gauge were within 1 - 2lbs anyway

If your atmo sensor were bad it would not compensate, meaning it would make far more boost at low alt and less the higher you go up in alt

Put a long hose on it so you can suck and blow on it while you ride
Suck for more boost (K, I'm joking)

Premium Features