For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Boosted Sleds (Turbo or Supercharged) Turbo discussion for Yamaha aftermarket Turbo or Super Charged sleds.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Currently: Making somebody else richer....grrr
Basic Member
04LS6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Upgrade the MCX blowoff valve?

Hey everybody,
I've read a couple posts about boost spike on the MCXpress kits for the apex's. I got the 290 kit and it's brand new, still only have 9km's on the entire sled itself..lol. Anyways, I was just wondering if I should look into upgrading the blow off valve, or are the MCX ones sufficient? I really don't care about how much noise it makes, I just want reliability ya know?

Thanks guys..

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Currently: Sidewinding!
Boosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted Brad has a reputation beyond repute

Ive had good luck with the mcx one 3 years now

Boosted Brad
Turbo Apex 325 horse baby

Old 12-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Currently: Not set.
summitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond reputesummitboy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been running a MCX one for almost 5000km with no issues.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Currently: Making somebody else richer....grrr
Basic Member
04LS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good. I"ll just keep with the mcx one. Thanks.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Currently: has reached his free limit
robertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond reputerobertyoke has a reputation beyond repute

the stock spring in the mcx kit for my nytro was way stiff and wasnt blowing of squat, well blowing off the snow from the filter while the turbo was barking. i shortend the stock spring and it worked much better but then it did start to hang open and was leaking boost. i tried wet sanding the cylinder and it would work for a bit then it would quit again. tried lube to that didnt work.
i ended up replacing it with a synapsis, which works well but is really heavy for a bov.

If when you lift the throttle the snow BLOWS off the filter.......your bov aint blow'n off! i dont know if it will break the turbo shaft or not but the throttle response is so much better with the bov working correctly.